Bershire to Sell NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some Dude said:
Some Guy you are freaking idiot if you think that a placard missing on the outside of an airplane is no big deal.

I must have struck a nerve with you. I used the placards merely as an example. I was just just stating that it is easy to tell when somebody does not want to fly for whatever reason. We cannot and do not tell you to not write something up. I was just responding to your comment about how you think it is funny to ground an aircraft before a flight with a write-up you have been carrying for 2 days. Speaking of which...You are saying you will not hesitate to squawk a placard, but will carry other items for 2 days or so for when you feel the need to screw the company. And I am the "freaking idiot".

Some guy

P.S. I do not work on the operations side of the house.

Last edited:
Some guy said:
I must have struck a nerve with you. I used the placards merely as an example. I was just just stating that it is easy to tell when somebody does not want to fly for whatever reason. We cannot and do not tell you to not write something up. I was just responding to your comment about how you think it is funny to ground an aircraft before a flight with a write-up you have been carrying for 2 days. Speaking of which...You are saying you will not hesitate to squawk a placard, but will carry other items for 2 days or so for when you feel the need to screw the company. And I am the "freaking idiot".

Some guy

P.S. I do not work on the operations side of the house.

Don't worry, most of the world understood the point you were making. Any time you make a point with these people, it just results in some sort of school-yard insult. They all just decided to conveniently forget about the write up he was carrying in his pocket for 2 days. All's fair in love and Teamster's labor disputes, at least according to them. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and according to them I'm not a real pilot... :rolleyes: To be honest, there's days I wish they were right.

Last edited:
Live4flyng said:
Are you volunteering to take a pay cut? I don't know of any pilots who intentionally write things up to delay owner flights. I do know of many pilots who follow the rules though. SAFETY FIRST, right?

Take a pay cut? Probably not. I do however think the pilot force is very deserving of a pay raise / adjustment. You will never hear me say otherwise.

As far as pilots intentionally writing things up, it happens. It's a very small percentage of you guys, but it does happen. My post stated that most of you guys are professional and I truly believe that. It's only a small percentage of your peers that do these things.

Some guy

NJA, Good one! I would love to see that happen for real

Lots of good opinions.

So you are saying we could take all the execs dough and spread it between us?

Yeah, I can see that working.

Don't fool yourself, there is some real talent out on the line.

It comes as no surprise to me that there are people on the line that are more qualified then many management personell. They just got here first.

As a military instructor pilot it was humorous to observe the actions of some bright young instructors I have encountered at both Flexjet and Netjets. They were there first, they are the instructors, I'm not.

The fantastic union team we now have came in fact, from the line.
(Don't start that "you don't have a contract yet" babble)

AS NJA owner said, even the president is replaceable. We all are of course.

I'd like to think that you are all the kind of people that would be great to have a few beers with, shoot the breeze, have a ball.

Anyway, I enjoyed the article, but it is a very hard time in my life as a result of this contract going so long.

All the corporate guys rag on us for our lousy pay. I'm just looking for fair pay, why shouldn't I be making as much as them?

Everybody get a grip, NJA, don't forget you owe me a dinner.

Semore Butts said:
Lots of good opinions.

So you are saying we could take all the execs dough and spread it between us?

Yeah, I can see that working.

Don't fool yourself, there is some real talent out on the line.

It comes as no surprise to me that there are people on the line that are more qualified then many management personell. They just got here first.

As a military instructor pilot it was humorous to observe the actions of some bright young instructors I have encountered at both Flexjet and Netjets. They were there first, they are the instructors, I'm not.

The fantastic union team we now have came in fact, from the line.
(Don't start that "you don't have a contract yet" babble)

AS NJA owner said, even the president is replaceable. We all are of course.

I'd like to think that you are all the kind of people that would be great to have a few beers with, shoot the breeze, have a ball.

Anyway, I enjoyed the article, but it is a very hard time in my life as a result of this contract going so long.

All the corporate guys rag on us for our lousy pay. I'm just looking for fair pay, why shouldn't I be making as much as them?

Everybody get a grip, NJA, don't forget you owe me a dinner.

It's been my experience that most of the managers change every three years or so around here. If we have so many highly qualified people in the pilot ranks then why dont they step up and compete for the manager openings that occur on a regular basis?

FamilyGuy said:
It's been my experience that most of the managers change every three years or so around here. If we have so many highly qualified people in the pilot ranks then why dont they step up and compete for the manager openings that occur on a regular basis?

Because some of them dont want to put up with the BS!! There are some pilots at Netjets that are millionaires..and I'm not talking about the retired airline guys with pensions.. I know for a fact that some guys own their own business, trade equities, etc. on their days off and are making more than most managers with more time off to hone their businesses /crafts!! That's the only good thing about being paid like a ho!! It forces one to think outside the box and set themselves up to never rely on anyone for a paycheck..

as214 said:
Because some of them dont want to put up with the BS!! There are some pilots at Netjets that are millionaires..and I'm not talking about the retired airline guys with pensions.. I know for a fact that some guys own their own business, trade equities, etc. on their days off and are making more than most managers with more time off to hone their businesses /crafts!! That's the only good thing about being paid like a ho!! It forces one to think outside the box and set themselves up to never rely on anyone for a paycheck..

Sounds like the classic sour grapes response.

95% of the posts from the pilots on here are bitching about low pay, managers making obscene amounts of money, and working too many days....

Why dont you just make it easier and say what you really mean....."We just want to sit back and b!tch about all the problems, we dont want to actually try and fix them..."

Fly safe.

Please stop this, it's our behinds in the pointy end. Its what we do whether you're in the back or not.
Still not funny and poor timing.

Latest resources

Back