• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Berry Aviation, TX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry, can't afford balloons. I'll send you a pair of my soiled boxers, though! :beer:

I flew for Berry for about 2 years and the experience was a good one. I have to admit I needed to learn how to naviagate away from all the pitfalls that working there had. As long as you can keep your nose clean and avoid saying yes to crazy scenarios you should be fine. The maint. is one pitfall you need to be carefull of though. If you stand your ground you will find that the aircraft will be airworthy. The run I started with was nice. I worked 3 days a week and I always new when they were. As I progressed up within the company I got to do some exotic flying that was pretty exciting. In the end I found that my time for Berry Air was winding down and off to greener pastures I went. I dont personnaly like the PFT they are doing now but I am not surprised. While I was a Capt. there I would see FOs hire on, get trained and leave for the most trivial reasons without completeing the time required to release them of there promissary note. I guess paying for all those peoples initial turbine training caught up with them. Its a bit of a catch 22. If you dont have PFT then a constant flowthrough with folks carrying dreams of big iron will form. If you do then everybody thinks your cheap. Thats been all my experience with them though. i hope that helped.

So I guess all the men and women at SWA are idiots for paying for their type ratings in the 737? In reality then under this arguement aren't the pilots there PFT? I mean they are required to shell out a lot for their type before groundschool, or in the old days before interviewing! Berry is not like certain other operations (both 121 and 135) where you can pay a lot of money to sit in the right seat. The groundschool is tough. As I was told, it is the same as upgrade training and you have to be prepared to pass. A pulse won't hack it, you will fail or washout. In fact one candidate about three months ago did due to lack of skills. I know it is frowned upon but it's what you make of it. Besides, I won't complain. I knew what I was getting into and I have the weekends off. I have friends at the regionals who can't say that currently. While it is not the best, it certainly is not the worst either.

Apples to oranges buddy...737 type 8000usd DO NON_TYPE training...24000??? earning potential at SWA as compared to Berry Aviation???

Latest resources

Back