Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Loomis

Hey Guys,
How about sharing some of the perks of the job. I understand you put expenses on your personal credit card and are reimbursed by the company. Any one credit card better than the next? I was thinking a cash back card might work well. How about airline miles and hotel stays?

Cant speak for everyone, but alot of folks at eja/nj use the hilton honors card from americam express. 3 points per dollar all the time and 5 points per dollar at all hiltons.

They add up pretty quick! before you know it, you will have a free vacation. There are also people who use other cards, its mostly what you want, or where you want your points to go.

In my opinion, the hilton card gets you the most bang for your buck.

1900cpt

Darn 1900 your all over the place.

I've accumulated 350,000 hilton points in the last year with over 40 nights in the last 3 months. Here is what I'm using some of my points with.

There is an island in St. Lucia that is sold out to all except paltinum members some points are going for a short honeymoon at that place.

I'm taking the fiance for a weekend at the waldorf astoria in NY. It's a hilton, it was sold out, but as a platinum member your garanteed a reservation in at least 48hrs. 30,000pts.

Then headed for a night in boston another 15,000 pts.

After all that were going to use a bulk of the points for (280.000) for 6 nights anywhere in the world airfare included so we are deciding on europe or the med.

Now that is just the Hilton. I'm also Platinum with Hyatt and Sheraton.

Sure we don't get travel privlages but with 100,000 Delta miles and so many hotel points to go first class wherever it's going to be a busy year.

Oh yeah with AMex I also got the rental cars all free from the rewards points from them.

I'm minor league with some people in this company who make many more points than I do. My neighbor is headed to Asia for free on Delta alone.

The best thing about all this making hotel reservations are not a problem. You call a special diamond desk, they handle everything you need and will call, fax and email you your ittenerary in a day or so.

I'd go with Amex Membership rewards, then an amex hilton, and a visa hilton which i just applied for.

Don't you get enough hotel points just by staying at them? And airline points just from flying on them all the time?

Lomis-

i'd be careful because collection points could be addicting. Sure cash back would be nice but I had to go to a wedding a couple of months ago. I bought the tickets with airline miles. I rented the car via Rewards points at AMex.

The other good thing about hiltons is it's double dip. So therefor when you check in you get hilton points then slam your airline card down for airline miles for stays. That's how I got a 100,000 pts on delta.

My fiance loves seeing all the brochures showing wich holidays and getaways.

We have passes on the airlines, she works for one. Although I will probably never use tha passes, these days i'd rather spend a hundred bucks and know i have a seat.

Hope this helps. Hey JP it's going snow 6-10 inches up here. It's been snowing since noon, wanna come up and ride?

How long?

Hey Diesel,

How long did it take you to get such a high-ranking status with all the hotels, airlines, and partners? I've been with the company for almost a year and am not even close to being a platinum member of anything. I always seem to stay at different hotel chains and fly different airlines.

-Dragger

Dragger- PM me and I'll explain to you how I got them honestly.

If you think I'm tight you should see JP. Been calling me for 3 weeks about pledging 25 bones. He was worse than blockbuster with a day overdue movie. Jeeze I thought my phone was going to melt down.

Oh yeah I lie, cheat, and steal at every oportunity, but i'm not even close to some in this company. Now my neighbor he can accumulate points.

The hilton was easy, I actually earned their diamond. Once you have everyone's diamond and platinum card it's easier to keep than get.

Thanks Diesel

Diesel,

Can' t get my PM's to work anymore, must have messed something up. Anyway, thanks for the info and see ya!

-Dragger

Latest resources

Back