• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Benefits of a Merger for a Delta Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No ones answered his question because he's obviously a raving lunatic. I'd believe that's actually a NWA pilot behind that screen name trying to make DAL pilots look bad before I believe it's an actual DAL pilot. If that was a mascarading NWA pilot I'd be on here posting to tell him to STFU before rah-rah'ing him on.

You know it's funny, you need to realize there are differences in perspective and not everyone feels the same as you. As a junior NWA pilot I'd MUCH rather assume DAL and NWA go on their marry way as sucessful indepentand companies. There's a beautiful thing I've come to love after a decade in the airlines called attrition. No matter what arbitrary age you pick we have more of that sooner at NWA than any other airline in the world. Yes DAL pay happens to be better today, it hasn't always been and it probably wouldn't always be if we remained independent. Just like NWA may not always have superior scope and work rules. Things change, lecagy contracts will rise and fall with the changes in our economy.

Fact is we're both going to get screwed in this merger, if this is truely fair. There's a lot of things we're not happy about on both sides. However, if you believe your MEC this may actually be a beneficial thing for pilots on both sides both in the short and long run.

This board can be fun, even occasionally informative. The same 5 people spamming the boards with basically the exact same post for 4 months straight like it might actually alter the outcome of events gets really tiring. Grow up, get over it. We understand you're not happy, you're not garnering any sympathy and definitely not any respect by belly aching every day of the week because life events aren't unfolding exactly to your expectations.

We have just as much attrition as you do, except about 5 years after you do. So, you will benefit from that TWICE.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No ones answered his question because he's obviously a raving lunatic. I'd believe that's actually a NWA pilot behind that screen name trying to make DAL pilots look bad before I believe it's an actual DAL pilot. If that was a mascarading NWA pilot I'd be on here posting to tell him to STFU before rah-rah'ing him on.

You know it's funny, you need to realize there are differences in perspective and not everyone feels the same as you. As a junior NWA pilot I'd MUCH rather assume DAL and NWA go on their marry way as sucessful indepentand companies. There's a beautiful thing I've come to love after a decade in the airlines called attrition. No matter what arbitrary age you pick we have more of that sooner at NWA than any other airline in the world. Yes DAL pay happens to be better today, it hasn't always been and it probably wouldn't always be if we remained independent. Just like NWA may not always have superior scope and work rules. Things change, lecagy contracts will rise and fall with the changes in our economy.

Fact is we're both going to get screwed in this merger, if this is truely fair. There's a lot of things we're not happy about on both sides. However, if you believe your MEC this may actually be a beneficial thing for pilots on both sides both in the short and long run.

This board can be fun, even occasionally informative. The same 5 people spamming the boards with basically the exact same post for 4 months straight like it might actually alter the outcome of events gets really tiring. Grow up, get over it. We understand you're not happy, you're not garnering any sympathy and definitely not any respect by belly aching every day of the week because life events aren't unfolding exactly to your expectations.

The reason your not complaining is because you are looking at a huge pay increase. What do you make now about $30 an hour with limited benefits. How are the displacements going?

Looking at getting laid off as soon as the DC 9 begin getting parked. Give me a break and save the description of lunatic for how you would look at an unemployment line without a merger.

Most likely without a merger would have never gotten to share a flight deck with the calibre of people you are about to meet at Delta.

Wonder what kind of people Northwest is hiring. If I present an alternative opinion I am Insane. Do you guys run a Psych evaluation on newhires.

Attrition my rear end. You are already looking at hitting the street and it has not even being a year since you were hired.

Your welcomed as the General would say and you are suppose to say thank you:laugh:

You are trying to change the topic;)

Stop trying to play the race card. As always I always see a fool who wants to get sympathy by painting me as the angry black guy.;)

What a loser! Do you think I am ashamed of being black or angry at white folks?. I admire white folks and believe they are amazing! As a race most likely the most developed in the world. What an Idoit. This thread is about a simple question about benefits of a merger. No one mentioned race.

It must be your personal trait to resort to insults if someone does not agree with your veiw. I dislike your type of person always trying to use race as a weapon. You may consider me lacking in intellect but you are the one who lacks brain cells.:laugh:

STOP TRYING TO PAINT ME AS AN ANGRY BLACK MAN BECAUSE I EXPRESS A VEIW YOU DISAGREE WITH IT SHOWS YOU FOR THE PERSON YOU ARE:mad:

Well the thread had a simple question and was just looking for a honest reply and having some fun.
:laugh:
I am just trying to keep everyone honest. Get over yourself. Your past posts do not show you as having more than the intellect of a stone. You spend too much of your boring life on flightinfo. Go and get yourself a drink. I think you need it and leave race out of this thread.

The only thing I was trying to "paint" you as was someone with a history of posting totally nonsensical, rambling drivel.

Thank you for proving my point so effectively with this post.

Most likely without a merger would have never gotten to share a flight deck with the calibre of people you are about to meet at Delta.

Wonder what kind of people Northwest is hiring. If I present an alternative opinion I am Insane. Do you guys run a Psych evaluation on newhires.

Are you honestly trying to say that Northwest pilots are personally and professionally inferior when compared with Delta pilots? Are you actually saying that?

Any of you Delta guys actually want to claim this fool as one of your own?

Are you honestly trying to say that Northwest pilots are personally and professionally inferior when compared with Delta pilots? Are you actually saying that?

You are the fool FmrFreightDog. The merger is going to drag scum like you unto our Airline:laugh:

Northwest has excellent pilots but dregs like you do slip through the cracks. We have a better process of selection.
That is what I am saying!!:uzi:

Talking to you is like talking to a stone. No brain cells.
:laugh: :laugh:

The reason your not complaining is because you are looking at a huge pay increase. What do you make now about $30 an hour with limited benefits. How are the displacements going?

Looking at getting laid off as soon as the DC 9 begin getting parked. Give me a break and save the description of lunatic for how you would look at an unemployment line without a merger.

Attrition my rear end. You are already looking at hitting the street and it has not even being a year since you were hired.

Your welcomed as the General would say and you are suppose to say thank you:laugh:

Come on man. Everyone loves the banter and all, but ease up on the quality of hiring. I am sure they do a great job too. Ease up a bit.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back