Becoming a Regional Airline Pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dogismycopilot said:
Research ATA (Airline Training Academy) and TAB Express (Airline and flight school). Buyer beware! If it is too good to be true, it probably is. These schools stole the lives, dreams, and money of many looking for the 'fast track' to an airline career.

I'm pretty sure Tab Express is out of business. I think they stranded all their cadets one morning and told them to go home as there is no more flight school.

GARFF said:
Its a better direction to become a dentist or an accountant or somethin. Then you will be able to afford to fly for fun...

Yah...and you end up with a different set of problems is all...

Flying Ninja said:
LOL...man, talk about dejavue...I completely understand the high maintenance girlfriend. My suggestion (and of course I'm not telling you to do) is to slowly cut back on the spendings on her. Chicks will drain a bank account faster than you can say V1. I thought as you did that I can be broke and do something I love. Then I found myself broke, without a girlfriend, with debt, and no flying job. If you need time away from your honey, get some guy nights into the week. Best wishes, and here's something for you to think over:

http://www.mitchfatel.com/muffinjoke.html

I think you're right, although I've generally found that if I cut the flow of money to my girlfriend, she cuts the flow of sex to me. Sounds like prostitution to me, but the police say they can't make a case. The flash animation was pretty dam_ funny - thanks man!

Dude, i quit reading this thread at page 2. But do yourself a favor and stay way the hell away from this career. My life has literally fallen apart since i started this sh1t. And i have wanted to do this all my life. By the time you finally realize what you got yourself into, you will have one hell of a desision to make when you figure out that you need to switch careers. You will waste your 20s in a dead career and you will watch your non pilot friends buy houses get married and take vacations. they will tell you how christmas was awsome and you should have been there. but your were working for subminimum wage next to some moron that paid for training in some cookie cutter school, who incidetally is now your captain. Im probably bitter, but im Fu%ing positive that im burned out and tired. You will have 10 guys like me tell you this stuff, and then one moron will chime in with " this careers not so bad, it could be worse, im just glad to be doing what i love." heres some advice, let that moron do it, you take care of yourself and make some money somewhere else.

I suggest spending $80,000 for a $18,000 a year job.......

SBD said:
dang, I should of went to dental school!

I was telling myself that while working line service 4 years ago!!!

But no, I still want to fly....besides who needs money????

Papps said:
Dude, i quit reading this thread at page 2. But do yourself a favor and stay way the hell away from this career. My life has literally fallen apart since i started this sh1t. And i have wanted to do this all my life. By the time you finally realize what you got yourself into, you will have one hell of a desision to make when you figure out that you need to switch careers. You will waste your 20s in a dead career and you will watch your non pilot friends buy houses get married and take vacations. they will tell you how christmas was awsome and you should have been there. but your were working for subminimum wage next to some moron that paid for training in some cookie cutter school, who incidetally is now your captain. Im probably bitter, but im Fu%ing positive that im burned out and tired. You will have 10 guys like me tell you this stuff, and then one moron will chime in with " this careers not so bad, it could be worse, im just glad to be doing what i love." heres some advice, let that moron do it, you take care of yourself and make some money somewhere else.

Now thats funny.

But the question is........ Is Papps gonna burn up his 30's the same way??

I feel your pain bro, but you haven't felt anything untill you get furloughed at age 48. Or, maybe getting your retirement snuffed out through bankruptcy at age 60.

As an Airline Pilot you are renting your job, not owning it. Think about it.

Simple, DON'T get married to a gold digger, DON'T buy the 3000 SQ FT house, DON'T buy the BMW(s), DON'T buy a boat. Work a second career in your spare time. Plan to save about 30% of your income for retirement...diversify.

You'll be just fine........hyperconsumption does not have to run your life!!!

Latest resources

Back