Becoming a pilot with an arrest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sean,

An additional problem here is that you are competing for a job with a ton of guys that dont have anything on their record. In most, but not all airlines eyes, a blemish like that is enough to disqualify you bc the other competitive candidates dont have that "baggage." Im not saying that all companies would do this, but some will. You may find a company out there that is more understanding/humane in its background checks. Whatever the case, as its been said before, be honest in all apps and interviews.

It's your record, and its your right and responsibility to make sure its accurate. I would do everything possible to find out exactly what your record says on it and get a copy. Get a letter from the judge maybe that explains what exactly happened legally...

Good luck

zkmayo said:
Sean,

An additional problem here is that you are competing for a job with a ton of guys that dont have anything on their record. In most, but not all airlines eyes, a blemish like that is enough to disqualify you bc the other competitive candidates dont have that "baggage." Im not saying that all companies would do this, but some will. You may find a company out there that is more understanding/humane in its background checks. Whatever the case, as its been said before, be honest in all apps and interviews.

It's your record, and its your right and responsibility to make sure its accurate. I would do everything possible to find out exactly what your record says on it and get a copy. Get a letter from the judge maybe that explains what exactly happened legally...

Good luck
I agree with you ZK, but as we all know, "kids will be kids".

I would consider all those without blemishes as "Unknown Quantities". Consider the Comair guy that was highlighted in the news with bandage around his head after breaking into a stadium's club room. He got tackled by the cops and wound up in the news with a big "towel head" bandange on his head.

I bet he had a "clean record" when he got hired.

Icelandair said:
That is f'ing gay that you would even get in trouble for using a cap gun anyway. What are the gun control second amendment hating nuts going to do next, want to outlaw them too?

cap guns look identical to real guns these days. They are not little square toys with strips of caps hanging out of them anymore. same for air guns and paintball guns.

If I was a cop and you point one at me, Im not going to take the time to tell the difference - Im just going to kill you.

Then your family will sue me, the city, the manufacturer, and whoever else they can.

when you reach the age the original poster was when he did this stupid prank you should know better.

Toy guns are toys to 6 year olds, not 16yr olds.

hey Zk and FN atleast you guys understand. some people just go straight for the "you wont be able to get a job" answer I talked with kathy and she is going to run a background check and see what it comes up as. I maen I think when you really look at it, if I explained it. you'd probally get a chuckle out of it. I know the judge did..

Have Kathy help you with your delivery, then, because it didn't come across the way I think you intended it.

SeanAucoin said:
hey Zk and FN atleast you guys understand. some people just go straight for the "you wont be able to get a job" answer I talked with kathy and she is going to run a background check and see what it comes up as. I maen I think when you really look at it, if I explained it. you'd probally get a chuckle out of it. I know the judge did..
You don't have herpes with this thing...but to find the real answer, you're going to need professional help.

I'd spend the money, if I were you.

FN FAL said:
I agree with you ZK, but as we all know, "kids will be kids".

Amen, brother. I look back at some of the stuff I did and I amazed I never got arrested. Like someone said before, we all screwed around, we just never got caught.

"You ever convicted of a felony?"
"Convicted? No, never convicted."
--Stripes

zkmayo said:
Amen, brother. I look back at some of the stuff I did and I amazed I never got arrested. Like someone said before, we all screwed around, we just never got caught.

"You ever convicted of a felony?"
"Convicted? No, never convicted."
--Stripes
Hysteria...go figure. Its o.k. to drive down a state highway with five feet separating fender to fender at a closing rate of 120 miles an hour, but some dumb kid buzz jobs his high school and it becomes a Deparment of Homeland Security issue. We're doomed as a society.

Yea society these days is pretty crazy compared to what my uncles and family and friends parent could get away with back in the day.

Can I just get a few straight answers...is it worth my time to go through the training to become an airline pilot?

Sean

SeanAucoin said:
Yea society these days is pretty crazy compared to what my uncles and family and friends parent could get away with back in the day.

Can I just get a few straight answers...is it worth my time to go through the training to become an airline pilot?

Sean
In three words or less, YEA! Get it on brother!

Latest resources

Back