Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Because they're so cool and "bar-raising," make room for another low-cost-carrier!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Commuting home the other day, I heard one passenger say to another that he was nervous because it was his first time flying, ever. The other passenger told him "nothing to worry about, it's the same as being on a bus." Which about sums up most passengers (and managements) views of us now.

skyaddict said:
Commuting home the other day, I heard one passenger say to another that he was nervous because it was his first time flying, ever. The other passenger told him "nothing to worry about, it's the same as being on a bus." Which about sums up most passengers (and managements) views of us now.

God........I HATE people!!!!!!

I can't stand being in an airport!!!!!!!!!!!

I give credit to all of you that can stand saying "hello" and "goodbye" to passengers day in and day out without getting the urge to vomit.

I wonder if skybus (sweet name, very creative) execs are still drawing pensions or retierment from Delta and Southwest. That's were it appears a bulk of there mngmt. is from. Seems kind of ironic. I'm sure they would all love to keep drawing there retirment funds for quite some time. Yet there fueling the very source of it's demise.

That blows me away, here you have a bunch of guys or gals that have all had good long succesfull carears at legacy carriers, were provided very comfortable wages during there tenure. (And still probably are) . And they go off and start an airline to unravel and undue the very same thing that they once had. A good well rescpected properly compensated aviation carrear.

OH OH I KNOW..... they could have pilots fuel the plane, clean the windows and be flight attendants during dead head legs! that would gain like .02 per share!

Who is the CEO? i gotta drop him a line

"Skybus" is an unfortunate choice of names, but the all time WORST name still has to be "People's Express". Back of course when commies were the bad guys, this carrier's name evoked images of North Korean labor camps, the Gulag, Mao, and other choice commie despots and their "People's Dem. Republic of Goombah" countries.

I remember this company SkyBus, was a 727 start up in FLL about 10 years ago, did not have a certificate yet, had a 72 parked on our ramp, National Jets, and had a PFT thing going on. I seem to recall these guys flying into our place in PA44's 34's and alike giving these guys an "application" fee of 10-15K or so then they folded their tent and moved on. Any one from S.Fla remember this??

capt. megadeth said:
God........I HATE people!!!!!!

I can't stand being in an airport!!!!!!!!!!!

I give credit to all of you that can stand saying "hello" and "goodbye" to passengers day in and day out without getting the urge to vomit.

Ummmm yeah, I fly the Beech, so thanks for the pat on the back Megadeath. I've found that the best way to stifle the vomit urge is to daydream about cockpit doors, and all the joys of having a FA to do the crappy boarding/unboarding process.

Keepin it real 19(err more like 16 these days) at a time............

Ex737Driver said:
]
They forgot to mention (f); finding a group of pilots that will work for next-to-nothing, no retirement, no benefits, no schedule, and no future. Please inquire at your local library job fair as competition will be intense.

This will be the least of their worries. There never seems to be shortage of pilots willing to work for less and think the got the deal of the century. If this gets off the ground, it will just be one more 360 in the downward spiral of the industry.

Latest resources

Back