Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fine:

Empty Weight is approximately 13,500 depending on equipment

With 6 pax and bags you are probably going to be able to go about 3 hours and have 1 hour reserves.

That is assuming it gets off the ground. Keep in mind the XLS is cheaper to buy and operatre, will go just as far and will get off the ground.

Do not operate the 45, you will regret it.

To the original poster, don't listen to this guy.

The Lear 45 is a great airplane. I only flew 45 with the BR engine upgrade. It's a great Aspen plane, has awesome breaks, good range, and I was always able to go SL to FL450 without step climbing.

With six passengers and bags you should be able to top it off. 1800 nm in still air is a good assumption. I've done over 2000 nm with a good tailwind.

Had a couple fuel stops going from Houston to San Fran in the winter due to some stiff winds.

All in all, great airplane.

Johnsonrod,
the CJ3 is a great airplane, but honestly do you think the two compare? Double club versus single club and two crappy backseats. Or how about much smaller cabin with the step up floor or decent sized cabin. Mach .81 vs. M .73

I could go on for a while. I do like the baggage better in the CJ3, but this is the same class of airplane, not even close.

To the original poster, don't listen to this guy.

The Lear 45 is a great airplane. I only flew 45 with the BR engine upgrade. It's a great Aspen plane, has awesome breaks, good range, and I was always able to go SL to FL450 without step climbing.

With six passengers and bags you should be able to top it off. 1800 nm in still air is a good assumption. I've done over 2000 nm with a good tailwind.

Had a couple fuel stops going from Houston to San Fran in the winter due to some stiff winds.

I agree. Straight to 450 unless you are stuffed and topped and ISA+. You can almost top it with 8 pax, and you can actually fit 8 comfortably with no one on a potty seat. Lots of baggage space in the back, enough for 6 clubs plus smaller items.

I think it's the best Learjet made. The 60's power is nice but it's brake energy limited worse than the 55 and that alone makes it an uber pig for short field, high alt. stuff.

We don't have an XR either. We have one on the way and I'm looking forward to seeing the -BR performance difference.

I like Lears. I thought Gulfstream should have purchased Learjet from Bombardier instead of Galaxy from the Pritzkers.

These are the numbers I have for the Lear 45XR.

Cabin dimensions: 19'9" L x 4'11" H x 5'1" W

Cabin volume: 386 Cu. Ft.

Baggage volume: 65 Cu. Ft.

Max T/O Wt.: 21,500 lbs.

Max Ldg Wt.: 19,200 lbs.

Max Zero Fuel Wt.: 16,000 lbs.

Typical Operating Wt.: 13,890 lbs.

Max fuel: 6,062 lbs.

Max payload: 2,110 lbs.

Max payload full fuel: 1,798 lbs.

Normal Cruise: Mach 0.76

Long Range Cruise: Mach 0.73

Mmo: Mach 0.81

Range @ Normal Cruise (4 pax, ISA, NBAA IFR Reserves): 1,871 nm.

Range @ LRC (4 pax, ISA, NBAA IFR Reserves):1,873 nm.

T/O Dist. (SL, ISA, MTOW): 5,040 ft.

Ldg Dist. (SL, ISA MLW): 2,660 ft.

Initial Altitude: FL 430

Max Altitude: FL510

DOC: $1,376 / hr.

Price: $11.52 million

GV

Happy Holidays!

Yeah .... been flying the 40/45 for the past five months...great plane! And the brakes are unbelievable!

Here is a website with quite a bit of info for you to look at. It's more for the pilots than the passengers, but it will give you an idea of the systems and procedures.

PJ

Doh! Nevermind...
Smartcockpit.com has been requested by Bombardier Inc. to remove all the extracts of their Copyrighted Aircraft Operations Manuals Extracts from its servers. We apologize that we are not able to provide this material anymore.
PJ

Viffer,
The 45 I fly has a BOW of 13870 (on the lighter side for a 45)

MTOW is 21,500
Fuel is 6000
ZFW is 16,000
MLW is 19,200
Bagage, while not as big as the XL/XLS, is large enough for 8 sets of clubs/8 sets of (reasonable) luggage.
loaded like that you can still go 3 hours @.79/450kts
-BR engines = straight to FL450
-AR engines = straight to FL410

The poster above talking about the Excel is wrong. The 45 is cheaper to buy and operate then the Excel. The XL/XLS burns more fuel and goes slower.
LR 45 Cost/NM $3.47
XL Cost/NM $3.95
(from C&dD 2006 evaluator reports)

Some one also pointed out the brakes. The 45 can stop better then the XL/XLS.

However, as was also pointed out, the factory support is not as good as Cessna's.
If you want the larger diameter cabin you need an XL/XLS, if you want 8 real seats, with no one having to sit sideways, you need a 45 or something bigger like a Sovereign/CL300/DA2000 - and spend mucho $$$

Best of success in your search

Flexjet's 45's are a little heavier: most aircraft have BOWs around 14.2 or 14.3. If you regularly take 6+ adults plus baggage you start bumping up against ZFW (16,000). Not sure how our 45's compare weight-wise to the rest of the fleet, ours probably includes stock and other pax convenience items. Maybe our crews are fatter too :)

Latest resources

Back