Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AV1ATRX

That is all.
Which regionals have bases in Virginia? I'm compiling a list, trying to improve my quality of life (commuting on reserve for two years with a family at home just isn't cutting it anymore).

This is what I know:
Air Wisconsin: DCA and ORF
Piedmont: CHO, ORF, ROA - are they hiring right now?
Colgan: various
Chautauqua: RIC - are they hiring into the E-145 or just the 170?
TSA: RIC

Can anybody add to the list? I heard Mesa had some planes at either IAD or DCA, but can't get that verified (couldn't find bases on their website)

PDT closed its ORF base and only has one small one in PHF now. It is very senior so I wouldn't count on it if you want Norfolk.

Snaab said:
Colgan has HEF, ORF, and CHO.

Snaab

Don't forget about SHD. WVA bases are BKW and CRW.

CHQ has RIC, it only has about 10 lines. Hiring 50 a month into the 145 side and a class or so every month into the 170 for the next six months. Looks like something is cooking.

Is CHQ planning on closing the RIC base? I've heard rumors before, but nothing lately. How senior is it, if at all?

For AWAC, ORF is the junior base. You'd get it right away. The guys who took ORF in my class all got lines right off the bat, no reserve.

AV1ATRX said:
Is CHQ planning on closing the RIC base? I've heard rumors before, but nothing lately. How senior is it, if at all?

that rumor started the instant it opened, so who knows.

NEDude said:
For AWAC, ORF is the junior base. You'd get it right away. The guys who took ORF in my class all got lines right off the bat, no reserve.

Lucky SOBs...:) ORF reserve is straigh up rough...only 5 days of it left :)

Latest resources

Back