• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

bases in Virginia

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TSA might be closing down RIC. They fired 90% of the mechanics here a few weeks ago and a memo just came out saying that the RIC base is important and that it won't close down anytime soon. Everytime I've seen a memo like that about a base its closed within 6 months so we will have to see how this works out.

When did PDT close ORF? Where did all the people go. I used to be based there, and ORF was BY FAR the biggest base. I had never heard that. After going through a base closure myself, I feel for all my old friends at PDT.

79%N1 said:
When did PDT close ORF? Where did all the people go. I used to be based there, and ORF was BY FAR the biggest base. I had never heard that. After going through a base closure myself, I feel for all my old friends at PDT.

January 06 (officially). Now there is talk of closing PHF....not looking good for us virginians.

That really surprises me, with the maint. base in ORF. Did PDT lose a lot of people when that happened?

79%N1 said:
That really surprises me, with the maint. base in ORF. Did PDT lose a lot of people when that happened?

The maintenance base closed first (can't remember how long ago, but quite awhile). Air Wisky is there now. They opened up LGA and SYR bases and then we merged with ALG.

For Feb there were 10 PHF lines and 15 with reserve. For CAs, least senior guy has been there since 98.

I'm interested in hearing via PM from some folks who fly for Air Wisky, if you don't mind answering a few questions. Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back