Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
test

test, new to the site and just getting setup -sorry

Never done it... but I know that most of the operators have crappy reputations. It's a hard business to make a profit at so any where they can cut costs they do...maintenance, pay, insurance. The place in Myrtle Beach, as stated above, basically you're flying for free. The insurance story, just makes it easier to get low time pilots to pay them up front. I know two guys who flew for a guy out of Long Beach. One went with out getting paid for about 7 months, the other had to make a dead stick emergency landing on the Pasadena freeway during rush hour.

Good Luck

I was wondering what the hour requirements are for the job of aerial signs in hollywood, fl. I am working on my cfi at the moment but should be done within the next 2 months at the most. I am looking at building time up and thought this would be a good way to do it quickly. Please let me know.

LearAv8r said:
The one that I worked for was Aerial Sign Company out of Hollywood, Florida. They are a class act and I loved working there.
LearAv8r-

LearAv8r,
Is ther a red headed guy name Dinnis still there? I knew him in the late 80's early 90's. Worked for ASC ten to twelve years then.
This guy was a real clown, dang good pilot to. Can't remember exactly, but I think he had a few thousand hours pulling rags at ASC. A chronic rag dragger I'd call him. I've seen him do some amazing things in those aircraft.

avbug said:
Towing banners isn't exciting. It isn't particularly challenging, and it isn't a deep, meaningful experience.

Avbug, either you haven't flown many banner tows or you were doing it wrong.

At eight hundred hours you have airline training and experience, and now you're thinking that perhaps the baner work might be beneath you, or a step backward.

Hello! You have eight hundred hours. You can't even qualify for an ATP yet...go get your flight experience. Walk before you run.

tangodelta21 said:
Get your tailwheel and go talk to Jim Butler at Aerial Sign at North Perry Airport in Hollywood, Fl. Like the above post stated they are a class act as far as banner towing goes. You would get to travel all over with them and they pay you pretty decient. I would go see him in the next 5 or 6 weeks and see if you can get set up for the summer. I might see you there.
I don't have any tailwheel time, and only about 350 hours, would I be able to get on after I get a tailwheel endorsement? I'm looking to find some way to build time until I get enough money for my CFI.

RightPedal:

<LearAv8r,
Is ther a red headed guy name Dinnis still there? I knew him in the late 80's early 90's. Worked for ASC ten to twelve years then.
This guy was a real clown, dang good pilot to. Can't remember exactly, but I think he had a few thousand hours pulling rags at ASC. A chronic rag dragger I'd call him. I've seen him do some amazing things in those aircraft.>

No Dennis is no longer there he left a long time ago. I remember going with him over to Big Daddy's across the street (Ship's Bar) and hanging around Club 47 alot. Is that the same Dennis you are talking about. The one with Lois? If it is send me a PM and I will fill you in as to what I know about his whereabouts. He's a great guy!!

Lear-

Avbug, either you haven't flown many banner tows or you were doing it wrong.

This is based on what? Not only did I fly banners, but started a banner operation, did the initial tows for the FAA, sold the banners, and ran it for a year, as well as doing regular tows.

You're troubled by the assertion that banner towing isn't exciting, isn't complicated, isn't difficult, and that it's boring? Sorry to break the news, but that's the truth. If the only thing you've ever done is ride around the patch with your student while "building hours," then perhaps the banner pickup will be wildly exciting to you.

If you're doing it "right," it shouldn't be exciting, and no...it's not rocket science.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back