• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BankAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the lear bases are: stp,mdw,cae(2),lit,phl(2),pit,dal,opa(2),jax,slc,new. All these runs are pretty long 10+duty hours a night some sit around and some fly a lot. Some of them use 3 pilot rotations like stp and dal i think. The MU-2 runs are mem(2 i think) bhm, jan, cae, bna, and most of these go to a hub (atl) and sit most the night. The fed reserve pays the gas bill since their fuel is extremely discounted so they dont care about rvsm because that would be out of bankair's pocket so can you blame them for not spending 100k plus per plane to save a little more gas that they are not even paying for. Besides most of the legs are so short in the lear it is not a big difference in speed but the weather would suck but if you are in real storm 390 versus 290 does not help a whole lot in a big system. I think one of the planes is rvsm though and usually stays in SLC since they have longer legs.

does bankair only fly for the fed? if they ever lost the fed contract would they still be flying other work?

yep fed reserve is only custy and from what I hear owner admits that it will not last. Seems like a straight up guy to me. They say 2010 could be the end but that can and will change. They keep their hazmat current so they can go back to doing ups or dhl feeder I guess.

Checking

Their FBO in CAE stinks. Terrific pilot lounge... not. The whole place is like going back in time to 1977. Try and sleep in that pilot lounge with BankAir operations running (loudly) from an office across the hall.

Oh well. I guess if I worked there i'd be glad they weren't wasting money on frivolous junk but as a transient who goes there for cheap(er) fuel it is severely lacking.

Did anyone who works there bother to check with the CAE FSDO with regard to accident reports before they went to work there on this outfit going back to 1960??? Quite a few pilots have lost their lives (apprx. 40) in that time period.
It is indicative of something very problematic at this outfit.This outfit does not even have a website?????Have they ever heard of IT?????

Did anyone who works there bother to check with the CAE FSDO with regard to accident reports before they went to work there on this outfit going back to 1960??? Quite a few pilots have lost their lives (apprx. 40) in that time period.
It is indicative of something very problematic at this outfit.This outfit does not even have a website?????Have they ever heard of IT?????
Where did you find 40+ fatalities? This is all I was able to find on the ntsb.gov site:
http://www.asias.faa.gov/pls/portal/PORTAL.wwa_app_module.show?p_sessionid=17905 Then insert BANKAIR INC. for the operator name.
It also only went back to 1981.

yeah 40 sounds quite extreme. I would say 8 fatals that I can think of since the 70s and I know 6 of those were pilot error which is not bankair's direct fault. If the plane is broke you don't fly it. If you decide to anyway that is your problem. Lets say you had one customer who signed a long term contract 20+ years and payed you really well. Why do you need a website? to advertise? to who? I am as tech savvy as the next but I don't see a need for a website. Obviously everybody knows of them without a website because we are on page 5 of this topic

Accident reports

Where did you find 40+ fatalities? This is all I was able to find on the ntsb.gov site:
http://www.asias.faa.gov/pls/portal/PORTAL.wwa_app_module.show?p_sessionid=17905 Then insert BANKAIR INC. for the operator name.
It also only went back to 1981.

You pretty much have to visit the FSDO @ CAE to request those reports.There were political shenanigans there in the 1970's & 1980's where the FSDO was going to shut down the outfit,but fmr Sen.Hollings,a US Senator ran interference for Bankair.

You pretty much have to visit the FSDO @ CAE to request those reports.There were political shenanigans there in the 1970's & 1980's where the FSDO was going to shut down the outfit,but fmr Sen.Hollings,a US Senator ran interference for Bankair.

What is your beef with BKA??? Did they fire you at one time???

Latest resources

Back