Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying Illini

Hit me Peter!
Just looking for info on their operation. I can't seem to find a webpage for them by googling the name...anyone have any suggestions? Or even contact info for someone there?

Thanks

There is no website. They operate Lear 25s, 35s and MU2s. They are a good company for building time and "experiences" you can't find anywhere else. The headquarters are in Columbia SC with a lot of out bases. Usually need to know someone to find out when they are hiring. If you walked in the door and talked to the owner, I bet you he would give you a job that day if they needed somone. That is the way they operate...you must be able to relocate to the city you would fly out of. Upgrades are fairly qiuck. Thats is about it.

Go to www.raa.org in the airline list bankair is listed!

The CP only takes job calls for a few hrs on friday or manday I think. Everytime I was looking for a job I called on the wrong day, so I got blocked. Then I would forget on the correct day. I guess it helps weed out the non dedicated types (me).-kingaira90

What Mr. RedDog said. I was treated no better or worse than any other place I had worked.

LEars and MU-2's. Work Monday night-Thursday night, sometimes with a day off or two in between. Depends on your base. Pay and bennies could be better but schedule is good other than working nights. Every weekend off starting Friday morning and going until Monday night. A few jumpseat agreements as well. Typically fly with the same person or persons so if you fly with a schmuck it can be unpleasant.

Mr. I.

I worked there for almost 5 years, and I have to agree with RedDog and MD11. I had a blast!! I did a little over a 1000 per year when I was there. You can only call on fridays after 2pm.

LLB

I saw somewhere where they had a few other bases besides CAE. Where are the others located at?

Their FBO in CAE stinks. Terrific pilot lounge... not. The whole place is like going back in time to 1977. Try and sleep in that pilot lounge with BankAir operations running (loudly) from an office across the hall.

Oh well. I guess if I worked there i'd be glad they weren't wasting money on frivolous junk but as a transient who goes there for cheap(er) fuel it is severely lacking.

Need a tissue, they really do not hand out the red carpet to the Cessna 182 coming in for lunch. You are flying into CAE what else did you expect? The whole city is still in 1977. As for the bases, I will try to list a few I remember. Miami (OPF), Jacksonville, PHL, MDW, STP, PIT (I think they moved from Burke Lakefront), BOS, SLC, DAL (I think they still have a plane there), ATL, MEM...and a few more for the MU2s.

They fly the Mitsu single pilot? What kind of times are they looking for? Typically start as Lear FO or MU-2 PIC? When you say "poor" salary, how poor are we talking?

Thanks,
Rip

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back