• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ban on tobacco urged in military

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To be followed by "You can't smoke on the battlefield". This legislation is BS. If you are putting your life on the line you should be able to smoke sixteen packs a day.

nope CINC has different rules, just like different medical coverage than the rest of us once this Health Care Reform is jammed up our butts.

once this Health Care Reform is jammed up our butts.

damn right. If you feel it's up the butt, then you take it. If you don't like it, tough. The more health care is universalized, the better.....unless you think it should only be for those that can afford it.

If I don't like it

damn right. If you feel it's up the butt, then you take it. If you don't like it, tough. The more health care is universalized, the better.....unless you think it should only be for those that can afford it.
If I don't like it, I want the option of buying something I like. From what I have heard, that will not be allowed with the gov't run plan. And back to the original post the people who rammed this down our throats will not have to use it. They will have their own gold plated program paid for by you.

Universal healthcare...better? Can you please tell me something that uncle sam has touched that has turned out "better" for us or cheaper??? The "care" will be worse, longer lines, and the national debt will continue to soar thereby bankrupting us as country and then the govt will provide you with something universal....universal misery as a country when they fund nothing.

If I don't like it, I want the option of buying something I like. From what I have heard, that will not be allowed with the gov't run plan. And back to the original post the people who rammed this down our throats will not have to use it. They will have their own gold plated program paid for by you.

If you take your attention from the right wing blogs/propaganda for a minute, you might see that you will still have a choice.

Universal healthcare...better? Can you please tell me something that uncle sam has touched that has turned out "better" for us or cheaper??? The "care" will be worse, longer lines, and the national debt will continue to soar thereby bankrupting us as country and then the govt will provide you with something universal....universal misery as a country when they fund nothing.

That's easy. Administrative costs for Medicare are less than 10% of the health care dollar. In the private sector, over 20% goes to administration vs actual health care.

Long lines, soaring debt etc. sounds like the former USSR. Don't worry, you're paying too much attention to right wing radio. The administration's proposals are nothing like the former Soviet Union and comparing it to such is a gross oversimplification. The current proposals will save more than if we had stayed on our current path.

Latest resources

Back