• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ballistic Climbs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have never done a 'ballistic' climb... but i have on occasions gone ballistic IN the aircraft. :)

Ill Mitch said:
Uh...what? Is that English? :)

Sorry...the only golf I know has windmills.

Translation for Ill Mitch:

On the first hole of my round today (yesterday), I hit a three iron very well. The ball was in a lie which sloped downhill so that my left foot was lower than my right foot and I made the ball travel slightly from left to right. The shot was placed in a position for me to have two putts to make a score of under par on the first hole. The first putt came up to the hole and stopped about six inches away, so I could easily make the putt for one under par on the hole. It was a very nice shot indeed.

Golfers tend to talk in "tongues", so I can understand the confusion. The same could be true of someone listening to busy ATC for the first time: "030, 3,000, cleared approach, tower at the marker, good-day." Huh?

-mini

minitour said:
Translation for Ill Mitch:

On the first hole of my round today (yesterday), I hit a three iron very well. The ball was in a lie which sloped downhill so that my left foot was lower than my right foot and I made the ball travel slightly from left to right. The shot was placed in a position for me to have two putts to make a score of under par on the first hole. The first putt came up to the hole and stopped about six inches away, so I could easily make the putt for one under par on the hole. It was a very nice shot indeed.

-mini

Mini,

You didn't mention whether the ball was sitting up or sitting down? Did you pick it really clean or have a juicy lie and hit a bit of a flyer? Thin it a bit or held on to your release? Did the ball check up on the dance floor or did you run it on? Was this a Nassau? How long was the Eagle putt? Nice to have those gimmes.

I birdied 6 and 18 for a 78 on a really nice course Tue. :)

Last edited:
Vector4fun said:
Mini,

You didn't mention whether the ball was sitting up or sitting down? Did you pick it really clean or have a juicy lie and hit a bit of a flyer? Thin it a bit or held on to your release? Did the ball check up on the dance floor or did you run it on? Was this a Nassau? How long was the Eagle putt? Nice to have those gimmes.

I birdied 6 and 18 for a 78 on a really nice course Tue. :)

Decent lie, I usually don't pick it (shallow divots), I hit all shots with a normal release...just differ my set-up for cuts or draws, looked like one hop and release, just playing with a guy I met on the range, about 30 feet, yes it is.

Hell, I'm just happy to be playing on February 17th...they're calling for 70 and sunny Saturday...definitely going again since I can't get into the RG until Monday :rolleyes:...I usually don't get to play until after the Masters...and it's Tiger, wire to wire this year.

:D

-mini

PS
Where'd ya play?

nice...real nice...

Just joined a Pete Dye design back home and can't wait to finish up here so I can take advantage of it...

-mini

I have it on excellent authority...

WSCoD is capable of 30k/min ballistic climb at over MTW with the CG well forward.

It's not in the documentation, but the airplane exceeds all specs in actual operations.

Goose Egg said:
[envious] You guys are playing golf already? All our courses are wicked snow covered.

-Goose

I've got a feeling the same thing for me when/if I ever get to go back home...

At this rate I won't be done until April so all the snow should be melted by then...and I'm headin to Myrtle Beach the weekend of the Masters anyway...be there for a week. Playin Kings North at MBN...beautiful course. I'd like to hit up Sandpiper Bay, but we've got Indian Wells and Wicked Stick so far...

-mini

Latest resources

Back