Bailin' Eagle....maybe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hmmm....

To redheadedbro. Hey man, I know you have your opinions and I respect that, but you defending Eagle is interesting. You are on a whole different wavelength than the pilots on the bottom of our sen. list.

Me---On ATR CA pay for 1.5 years - used to the income - displaced to FO - 20 bucks till next payday - mega years till jet CA - pissed.

you---STILL a jet CA making 70-80k a year - still probably have a AA number - you may have been an FO for 7 years or one of the other 70% of the jet CA with only 400 SIC time at Eagle? Life is good hah?

I know you'll come back and say - "Hey, you may have 20 bucks till payday, but at least your not furloughed". While I was a CA in SJU, I also told FO's to bail out ---- and some were smart and did and they will get a major job before me. As a new hire, I was told by my CA ---- get out. I wished I did....too late now. I'm a stuck Eagle pilot now...too many years to leave. I had an offer last year as Jet CA at NorthwestAirlink....wish I took it...I would still be in left seat of a jet.

All I am saying........you have no right to knock the IOE CA who tells new hires to leave....we all have our own reasons. Eagle does suck------------face it! Thank you for your time.

So much negativity about Eagle. Just thought to share this with ya as there are or were some people still enthusiastic about Eagle.

Last summer before 9/11, I was a brand new FO here at Island Air, and I jumpseated on Eagle from LAX-SAN and chitchatted with the crew. The captain was trying to get me to apply to Eagle and made Eagle sound like THE choice airline. He was aware of Island Air, and made it sound like... ahh, you need to come to Eagle. I had a couple of friends at Eagle who had JUST started there and both wanted LAX as a base (both were based elsewhere).

Couple months later 9/11 happened. My friends were furloughed almost immediately. Fortunately we never furloughed and we were actually still hiring. 14 months after my first day in ground school here, I'm a Dash 8 captain and this is post 9/11. Yes, I'm STILL counting my blessings.

Last edited:
We are getting a lot of Eagle guys at Comair, and they seem to like it here a lot more. Come on over, there is plenty of room. I wouldn't leave an airline to fly skydivers, though.

Hey redhead, I work for a Delta WO, and things couldn't be better. We are growing and moving into new places. So, what's the problem?

BAIL...

DUDE! You need to leave, like NOW!
I was with Eagle for 3yrs based in ORD. Left Eagle 3 months ago for a Fractional and have'nt looked back since. Lifestyle and pay was very much an improvement. Don't get me wrong, the flying on the RJ with Eagle was awsome, but man there's better condition and movement outside of where you are now. If it's a King Air so be it, as long as your getting better pay and PIC. Good luck my fellow eagle guy, by the way, with the amount of hrs you have and the experience with eagle, you should be able to rack up a corp. or frac. job. They love those RJ guys with that 121 experience.......

Your right...

You hit it right on man. I justed applied to NetJet and Flexjet 2 days ago.....along with updating AirTran. The AMR news coming out in the next day or two is shaking me up. I may be ready for a lateral move.

Latest resources

Back