• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bada Bing Closing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I once had a 15 minute turn with concourse swap due to the shuttle and an FA and FO that had everything ready and boarded up waiting on me. As far as the crew meals-I quit eating them when they went cheap and switched a few months back. I now take delays for eating when I need to and don't feel bad about it at all.

sluf, im sure you dont. that kind of attitude destroyed this industry. you should be driving a bread truck.

Or, could it be the management philosophy which will not pay for crew meals and will not schedule to allow for reasonable meal breaks?

or could it be your bad planning? somehow i pack enough food on 3 and 4 days to get by most of the time. i have more 3 hour sits than 40 minute turns. i see too many pilots who expect everything to be easy, easy breaks, easy turns, easy flights. they compain of too many breaks on 4 days, and not enough on 3 days. you bid it, plan ahead. i dont need to hit wendys every turn, i pack snacks to get me to meals. do you? or do you expect free meals provided in flight? you get paid perdium to cover expenses. passengers deserve more.

Sorry friend-I'm not going to kill myself or 50 people due to low blood sugar because they don't want to give me time to take a break and eat something. The cheapo crew "meals" we have are not enough-sorry. I believe it says in the contract that the company recognizes the importance of proper nutrition or something along those lines. I don't get to bid my trips and I'm not going to carry around 6 days worth of food on my assignments just so I can run on time all the time. I go out of my way to get it done and it's not like I just take a 1 hour meal break for the heck of it. Yes, I pack snacks. A snack is NOT a meal. And my days routinely run in the 10-12 hour duty days probably unlike your senior schedules. I am paid per diem to cover expenses such as EATING while i'm on duty. I can't believe your attitude. Did you even read my previous post about my 15 minute turn with a concourse swap in ATL? Have you ever done that?

Last edited:
What's the big deal with the crew meals anyway? Just pick up a couple and throw them in your bag for later, when you duty in. As for the sustinance of the old ones, when they were in the airplane most of the stuff on the inside was missing anyway- idiots would pillage all the good stuff out of the bottom of the box.

As for customers deserving more- they ought to be paying more, frankly. I do what I can, but at a certain point, it's time to eat real food. However, with ACARS, it's much easier to do without running late. Even the cooperative "Meal Run" works every once in a while. I can't tell you how often I've made a food run for the Captain and F/A.

As for the shuttle- By the time you've called, the driver finally wakes up from nappy time, and gets the thing moving to your present location at a snails pace, you could have walked to your aircraft- twice. That thing was more of a pain in the tail than it was worth. If your walk isn't going to get you there in time, the shuttle probably wasn't going to either.

That being said- I'd love to have the opportunity to drive the crew shuttle while on ready reserve. When it comes to the accellerator- NEVER LIFT! That thing would go through tires faster than a NASCAR. Don't believe an Atlanta ramper can hussle- I bet they can: )

Latest resources

Back