• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bada Bing Closing!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you had cleaned it up, Mesaba management would not have even considered it. Nothing but small, dirty and nasty for Mesaba crews. All of our crew rooms are shamefully sh!tty.

Be sure to put all of your broken chairs in there, and we'll feel right at home.

I haven't worked at ASA for a while, and didn't know that Mesaba had come to ATL.

The divide and conquer mentality of the airlines buying feed, reminds me why I left. Congrats to the folks at Mesaba and their new opportunity. My thoughts and best wishes to all of my friends at ASA.

What worse is they shut down the crew shuttle due to a cost of 10K a month. I bet they could find someone much cheaper.

Suggestion: Buy/Rent/Lease a Caravan for about $450 per month,including insurance. Hire furloughees for $10 per hour to drive. 3 x $1600 per month=$4800 + $450 = $5250. Save about $5000 per month, employ our own(who are already screened), and keep a valuable service. AND QUIT SPENDING $750 per roll of thermal paper for the ACARS! I can get it for $4.53.

Or--use Ready Reserves as drivers--they are already being paid to listen to their I-pods and play video games. (Ooooops!) They could still listen to their I-pods and could practice their defensive driving skills in playing Dodgem-Tugs--the real game of the Airline Ramp World!

Please pass it on to our D.O. I don't have his email address.

Last edited:
Good idea. Regionals should strongly consider offering part time jobs within the company to their new FOs. Makes the company more efficient and helps poorly paid FOs make some extra coin.

Good idea. Regionals should strongly consider offering part time jobs within the company to their new FOs. Makes the company more efficient and helps poorly paid FOs make some extra coin.

That would be an admission that they aren't paying a livable wage to their pilots -- a PR disaster. Never would happen.

Everything that they did to help with on time performance is all being taken away ie. crew shuttle , crew meals, which will soon have to be obtained at the C crew room,and computers at the Bada Bing lounge.I for one, when parking at D, will not be walking all the way to the C crew room for a couple hand fulls of trail mix. It's back to taking meal breaks for physiological needs, and long walks for those aircraft swaps. Watch, on time performance will suffer greatly.
Poor choice by management on this one!

I honestly believe the crewmeals and shuttle did little to improve on-time performance. While there may be some anectdotal stories otherwise, I doubt very much the shuttle in particular did any good.

I recall more than once; the shuttle wasn't there right away. I told the crew they could wait for it if they wanted to. I hoofed it and beat them to the plane, every time.

As far as the crewmeals. I witnessed them being used as just palin snacks usually. It sees to me crews who want to run on time, will run on time, no matter what. Those folks bring their own food. Some box of vein clogging crap is not going to make a difference.

Latest resources

Back