• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

bad timing USAir rejection letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yup. I stayed at the corporate job I got after being furloughed in 02. Really regretting that decision right now.

You can't fault yourself - you made the best decision wrt to you and your family at the time. Besides your not 65 (or retired) so this show over here has plenty of years to play out - in several years guys on this boad may be PMing you for job info. The fat lady hasn't sung yet.

Another partisan shot at Usairways East from a former Westie
So - name the other / better airlines to work for so I may be the judge this time

Metrojet
Mesa, Asa, Skywest, Horizon. And EVERY other carrier NOT named Us Airways....

You can't fault yourself - you made the best decision wrt to you and your family at the time. Besides your not 65 (or retired) so this show over here has plenty of years to play out - in several years guys on this boad may be PMing you for job info. The fat lady hasn't sung yet.

Not sure ill still be here when they call. Thinking of a less-than-triumphant return to 121. ;-)

Yeah and I really wish they would stop saying that. It's like playing with those seniority/doh counters you can find on several websites. Bad juju.

While i agree with the fact, you shouldn't count your chickens till' they're hatched, the outlook is pretty darn rosy.

Mesa, Asa, Skywest, Horizon. And EVERY other carrier NOT named Us Airways....

Um I worked at asa before airways. When I hit 2nd year pay at airways I will be making more than I was as a 7th year captain. My schedule is already way better even though I am still on reserve and my 401k gets 10% now and soon will be 15%. I wouldn't I back to asa as the number 1 pilot.

If USAir and American combined have 100 pilots under 37 years of age I would be very surprised.

Anyone hired early at the combined AmericaUS, who is under 30 is going to have a career that looks like what we all dream about. These people will spend the bulk of their career in the left seat of widebody airplanes and will never understand the disappointment of long term reserve FOs.

Anyone have actual up to date numbers from both AA and US on this?

Anyone have actual up to date numbers from both AA and US on this?

If you look on airlinepilotcentral.com you can see the retirement numbers for both American and US Airways. I checked the US numbers and they match what I have, I don't know if the American numbers are accurate.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back