Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TheCheat

4 8 15 16 23 42
Well this sucks. I just drove 6 hours to Chicago for the ORD jobfair only to open my email and see a shiny new "thanks but no thanks" email from USAir. Now what? I guess I gotta try even harder tomorrow. Can I convince a recruiter at a job fair to change their mind, or has the almighty computer spoken and I'm just out of luck?

Bad enough to get the letter but to also see that the website is down for mx, how timely.

Sorry, I just got the same email as my flight, which I paid $300 for a ticket, taxied to the gate. I was 89% complete with my next app when the site went down. Fingers crossed this trip won't be for nothing.

Aren't there other / better airlines to work for than USair at the job fair ?? Might take resume to them ...can't hurt ..

A little advice about the job fairs and you are trying to go to a major-unless its the women's in Aviation one-dont waste your time or money until next year when United, Delta, US Airways, American, JetBlue, Spirit etc are all hiring.

I went to the Atlanta one last year and US Airways told everyone after standing in line for a long time to apply online! Oh and by the time I got to the United recruiter, she was already sick of talking to people and seemed to brush me and my resume off. Even had the gaul to laugh at my 14 years in the Army. A little more advice-if ever hired by United-Avoid being based in Washington on the 767-I could think flying with her would be painful for a week.

Aren't there other / better airlines to work for than USair at the job fair ?? Might take resume to them ...can't hurt ..

It's US Airways, soon to be American Airlines. No one else to my knowledge is hiring. Things have changed a lot. There's a reason guys are leaving Jet Blue for US Airways. That would have never happened just a few years ago. If I were leaving a commuter as captain or the military, Delta would be my first choice followed by the new American. Well, actually Alaska would be my second choice, but only because I'm a west coast guy. New hires probably will not be able to hold PHX or LAX for a long time.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back