• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bad situation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya, don't make any decision based on all these idiots. Me included!! Ask a lawyer or someone in AOPA. DON'T DISCLOSE UNLESS YOU HAVE TOO!!!

Thanks for all the info guys. The condition (cardiac) is not disqualifying, but it is something that requires special issuance even though it was corrected at an early age. If it was something a lot more minor I would definitely keep it too myself. I have consulted with the folks at aviationmedicine.com and they seem pretty positive about it. I have taken the steps to speak to an attorney through the AOPA legal services plan to see what they say. For now, I am just in the process of collected all of my medical records so I have have everything together before I go in for my medical.

I was in a very similiar situation to yours. I worked with an AOPA referred lawyer and everything worked out fine. They give you one freebie just as long as you come forward before you get caught. You don't need to spend a boatload of money on a referral by leftseat.com. If you are in So Cal, PM me and I can refer you to the lawyer that I received thru AOPA. My lawyer was with the FAA for twenty years so he knows the in and outs. Good luck.

1). the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
2). it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.

If it hasn't come up yet because someone else wanted it then I wouldn't worry about it. No sense bringing something to the light in a time where digital record keeping wasn't even around. Unless you tell them I doubt they'll ever find out. If you need a prescription just go to mexico. Send me a PM if you want to know more on that one

Don't do it man! Pee on them. You will regret it if you try to go the honest route because you will never be rewarded for it. I had a friend in a somewhat similar situation and it did not turn out the way he hoped, in fact he still does not have his medical and may never! Let them find it on their own, which they probably never will.

Can you be more specific about what exactly happened?

I've heard that it is best to visit with an aviation attorney and what they often will do is contact the FAA attorney and describe the situation without revealing your identity. Then when they can agree on a reasonable sanction, your attorney will reveal who you are.

Another question to help you define your decision:

Can this condition show up on an EKG?

Latest resources

Back