• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bad situation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Should they ever catch you, tell them you were smoking so much weed between 12 and 21 that you totally forgot about the whole thing.

If you only check only the (no) boxes, you're fine. An (I forgot, you busted me) should work depending on the condition being undisclosed. If you check a (yes) box you're screwed-no matter accidental or not. You're guiltly until proven innocent. (Proving your innocence takes years) Always check (no) that's what my -friend- does. And he's been collecting crappy regional paychecks for years.

Last edited:
I knew a guy who did 135 charter as a Lear FO and in his early 50's realized he had a heart murmur.

He had open heart surgery and it was corrected. 6 months later he went through a battery of cardiac exams including what's called a "stress test" and made it through. He was also a very fit man for his age too. Lots of exercising and eating right as well.

Anyway, the guy got his first class medical back.

Well here's what I am worried about, if I have an accident 10 years from now and this comes up when they supeana (sp) my medical records, I do not want to go to jail. I could keep hiding it and everything will be fine, but I would rather fess up rather than get caught.
Don't do it man! Pee on them. You will regret it if you try to go the honest route because you will never be rewarded for it. I had a friend in a somewhat similar situation and it did not turn out the way he hoped, in fact he still does not have his medical and may never! Let them find it on their own, which they probably never will.

My sentiment is that you shouldn't bother to disclose this condition. However, I would discuss the condition privately with perhaps a cardiologist just to make sure you aren't going to have any issues while flying.

You'd be surprised by what your fellow pilots omit on their medical application. Sometimes it's just not worth all of the explaining to get caught up in the bureaucracy.

Hold on...

Did the FAA contact you regarding your previous condition?

If not, you aren't in trouble yet. Don't go filling out forms all willy nilly as a salve for your conscience. I am no advocating lying further, but before you do anything talk to an attorney experience in aviation medical matters.

I agree with this one! Don't admit guilt to it if you know it isn't disqualifiable. Obviously the medical tests REQUIRED for the Class I did not pick up on your condition, so don't worry! Even if something did come up, you can just plead the "geez, that was so long ago and minor, I guess I just forgot!" -- You know, the Richard Pryor response.

Besides, like the FAA has the ability to track every pilot's medical history when it can't even keep up with issuing permament pilot certificates before your temp expires! :)

You'll be alright.

First of all DO NOT MAKE A DECISION BASED ON WHAT YOU READ HERE! Get some PROFESSIONAL legal/medical advice.

That being said, I can vouch for Pilot Medical Solutions out of OKC. They did great work for me under similar circumstances. Their website is www.leftseat.com.

Give them a call. They'll give you a free initial consultation.

Latest resources

Back