• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bad situation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
12 years old? I wouldn't worry about it. If it ever comes up, just tell them you forgot. How many of us really remember what happened when we were 12 (unless it was something REALLY serious).[/quote

Another thought. Tell the truth, but "add" a little to it. Something like "Doc, I was talking to my mother and she reminded me of a problem I had when I was 12. I had completely forgotten about it, but since Mom reminded me I thought I better tell you".

ohhh... good idea!

When in doubt, blame Mom! :beer:

If they want your medical records, you're most likely in the smoking hole and will have no worries.

And who keeps records, I have no idea where my 12 y.o. medical record is. If its the same doc, get a different doc and get YOUR record and take care of it. GEEZ its not that big a deal.

However, I would question your mental state for wanting to be an airline pilot. This job is not what you think it is, and only your mom thinks you look cute in your uniform.

Last edited:
One thing we all need to consider is the medical item in particular... If it is something serious (like all those boxes are looking for) then the FAA wants to know about it.

I'm all for the honest approach too, and but I have no idea how the AME would respond. I would have to agree that for the FAA to pull medical records far back would be tricky for them, and obviously you would be having to give consent. BTW, you aren't 15-16, right? (12 + "a couple of years ago...") :)

If you are a member of a union (I don't think you are, but for those in similar situations) there is usually an aeromedical consultant you can talk to before you go to the FAA (AME).

Good luck.

Location.....

If you are in or around Georgia, I can tell you who to go to and find out the straight story on this one. This guy is a GREAT AME, and has connections in OKC. Just PM me if you wish to talk to him.

The whole AME thing can be a crapshoot-you really would want a good one if you do decide to tackle something like this. Not all AMEs are created equal.

-Rock On!

Are we talking childhood asthma or are we talking heart transplant? If it's something minor, forget about it

Hey,
Disclose, then tell them the Heroin habit made you forget because you were jonesing.
PBR
Glad to help!

Last edited:
12 years old? I wouldn't worry about it. If it ever comes up, just tell them you forgot. How many of us really remember what happened when we were 12 (unless it was something REALLY serious).

You forget that for most of these boy wonders getting hired on at the regionals, 12 was only a few short years ago.

Latest resources

Back