Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bad companies or good complainers? VOTE NOW!

• Thread starter emspilot 02
  • Start date
  • Watchers 15

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
E

emspilot 02

Does anybody think there are any good 135 companies out there? I am currently with one. The way g-force talks, there aren't any more out there. Or is he just a good complainer? Vote now.

My vote is to go to work for Grand Air. Sorry, I can't help but be a smart a$$. Seriously, If I had to go back to flying 135, I would go with the Falcon side of Active Aero-USA Jet.

I think us guys at the really good 91/135 gig's hesitate to tell ya how good it is for fear of seeming to brag. Rest assured there are a lot of really great charter operators out there we just don't hear about them for lack of complaints.

G-force

emspilot 02 said:
Does anybody think there are any good 135 companies out there? I am currently with one. The way g-force talks, there aren't any more out there. Or is he just a good complainer? Vote now.
The guy named G-force needs to find a different career.All he ever does is bitch about all the 135 operators that have fired him.If he would change his attitude maybe he could find a decent flying job and move on with his life.This guy has my vote for the biggest complainer on the Hangar website.

Last edited:
Still new to the biz, but my 135 job is the worst job I think I've ever had in any industry for more reasons than I can get into right now. I took it for the multi turbine transport category experience, and because I just didn't know any better. I mean, I could see that it was going to be less than ideal, but I really didn't know just how thoroughly F'd up it would be in almost every imaginable way. Part 121 interview next week 'cause I'm done with these folks. Of course, I probably wouldn't have been invited to the interview if I was still flight instructing, and I have definitely seen a lot in that short time, so I guess I'm glad I've spent a few months at this gig... I guess...

That said, I know there are some better 135 companies out there (probably most of them). Ameriflight, AirNet, and a couple others come to mind. But in the end, none of this is really where I want to be in the industry, so I'm moving on to something a little closer to my ultimate goal (hopefully). Being an RJ FO isn't my dream either to be sure, but I've thought about it long and hard and when I look at the whole scheme of things, I've decided I want to get my career off on a better start than this. And it's not all about what plane I'm flying, or from which seat. I'm amazed at how so many people's jobs have affected their personal priorities in this game. Personally, my job needs to be primarily a means to support my way of life - not the other way around.

Good luck with the interview Spatial, not every 135 gig su*ks as bad as that one but a lot do. A certain 135 operator out of TEB getting guys to sign two year contracts but never delivering the promised minimum QOL comes to mind.

My last 135 gig made us sign new contracts everytime we went to recurrent. Talk about poor management. Now I know what the ads mean when they say agressive company. The charter dept. doors closed which probably helped the industry in the long-run and the QOL was really beginning to suck out loud.

The biggest thing to remember is that companies are run by people, and that's where it all gets complicated! Good people run (usually!) good companies, and a**holes run bad companies. It shouldn't take any of us long to figure out the people behind the door/inside the hangar, and then it comes down to what each and every one of us will accept since we all have different goals, ideals, and breaking points! My grand-daddy used to say "fool me once, shame on you---fool me twice, shame on me!" That's the way I look at it---if you keep working for a bad company once you know they suck---you have only yourself to blame! I don't wake up in the morning with a gun to my head to get me to go fly---I doubt that any of you do either. Ya makes your bets and ya plays your game....

CUBMAN said:
My last 135 gig made us sign new contracts everytime we went to recurrent. Talk about poor management. Now I know what the ads mean when they say agressive company. The charter dept. doors closed which probably helped the industry in the long-run and the QOL was really beginning to suck out loud.

That does't make any sense at all. Just refuse to sign the contract at your 1st recurrent. What are they going to do, fire you? Six or twelve months earlier they paid big bucks for your initial/type they're not gona fire you for not signing. Its just bad business if they do.

Latest resources

Back