Background check question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pir8te

Here is a question for everyone out there........

I just interviewed at said regional and was given the offer. I was very honest at the time on the app, and declared all misdoings (most happened in college). Since I recieved the offer, i found more that was on my record that I didn't know about.....

I oredered a full background check on myself, but it didn't get here in the mail until after the interview. i have several summons (not warant) for simple worthless check in NC from about 7 years ago. In NC, you have to appear in court to pay a bounced check if the vendor takes it to the county. ( cheaper than collections) THe courts collects the money, and you go on your way.

Long story short, I dropped several thousand dollars on an attorney about 3 hrs after i found out today, and the charges will read "dismissed" on my record next week.

The app that i filled out asked for "Convictions" but not charges. SHould I call the company and confess, and risk it and say "oops, i found this, i took care of it, and i'm really sorry" or should i just say "you asked for convictions only?" I start ground school in about 10 days and i dont want to get pulled, eaten and fired. Im not sure what to do. I held a security clearance in the military for 12 years, and just had it renewed last year and this stuff didn't show up! Go figure! I could use some good timely advice! Save the flames, i'll post something to give the flamers something to do!

pir8te,

You ought to know from your military days that you can get away with murder as long as you don't lie about it. I've never seen an airline background check form, so I'm not sure how your question was worded. In the first paragraph, you say you declared all misdoings, and in the second, it asks for convictions only. If you weren't convicted, you weren't convicted. If it asks about charges, then you MUST admit them and bs your way through them. I know the government will give you less hassle if you fess up before they come asking you about things. However, if you weren't obligated to admit them, isn't this a moot point?

They probably won't even find it. Mostly that stuff will be on your credit not your criminal. And hey, if you don't get hired by that regional, will it be such a bad thing??

I wouldn't bother. Getting arrested and getting convicted are completly different. People are wrongly arrested all the time, just ask OJ Simpson

viper548 said:
I wouldn't bother. Getting arrested and getting convicted are completly different. People are wrongly arrested all the time, just ask OJ Simpson

Also Remember Some Tickets Are Also Criminal Like A Disorderly Conduct I Know Someone Received For Getting A Little Wordy To A Police Officer That Was Trespassing On His Property & Refused To Leave, I Have The Video Some Place! It Was I Think A $200.00 Ticket! It Would Have Cost More Than Double That To Just Talk To An Attorney And Fight It My Gawd. So He Sent In A Check & Paid The $200.00! Well Last Criminal Back Ground Check He Got Guess What Showed Up!!!!! Guess What He Was Asked About Any Criminal Convictions Not Including Tickets Hum!!! Guess What It Showed As A Mister Miner Conviction 365 Days Jail 365 Days Suspended $200.00 Fine. Surprised The Wholly Sh*T Out Of Him!

If you arer talking about 8 million Jews, history conveniently seems to forget that the Reich also killed about 6 million Christians as well. Funny, no one seems to care about them.

TimsKeeper said:
OJ was innocent! really, he was...REALLY

OJ is innocent indeed. I am sure that the late Johnny Cochran is looking down on him and thinking to himself ....hey, that the glove really did fit! But OJ is at least persistent in looking for the killer.

aeronautic1 said:
If you arer talking about 8 million Jews, history conveniently seems to forget that the Reich also killed about 6 million Christians as well. Funny, no one seems to care about them.

Excellent point.

Latest resources

Back