• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Back to school

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have never said there will be pilot shortage since Avbug corrected me. What I have said since 2007, is that there will a hiring boom because filling the good jobs (whatever that may be?) will draw pilots from the not so good jobs, and then from the bad jobs, and then from the worst jobs

It's funny people can't figure out there can be a hiring "boom" or movement without there being a pilot shortage, huh yip?

It's funny people can't figure out there can be a hiring "boom" or movement without there being a pilot shortage, huh yip?
I am training a 41 year old guy right now, who changing careers to move from IT into flying airplanes. He is one of 1,000's who will prevent a pilot shortage. There will be an experience shortage, but no pilot shortage and some of lower end operators will see my student and go "Hey kid you want to fly an airplane?"

Calculus is not a requirement in college. That's why the folks who don't have the brains for science or engineering, or the talent for the arts, go to business school.

Nu

A big Thanks to the MOD who moved this from the majors over to the instruction threads. I was asking MAJOR airline pilots what degree I needed to join their ranks. I do not need to ask instructor or training pilots what degree they have. I mentioned in my post about AA, DL, and UA. You still move it into this thread. I will not get any helpful or constructive answers from this category. Isn't that what this site is all about? Think before you move posts next time.

Love,

A pissed off GD

A big Thanks to the MOD who moved this from the majors over to the instruction threads. I was asking MAJOR airline pilots what degree I needed to join their ranks. I do not need to ask instructor or training pilots what degree they have. I mentioned in my post about AA, DL, and UA. You still move it into this thread. I will not get any helpful or constructive answers from this category. Isn't that what this site is all about? Think before you move posts next time.

Love,

A pissed off GD
I think you got the correct answer in first post following your, the rest is just pilot FI drift

Calculus is not a requirement in college. That's why the folks who don't have the brains for science or engineering, or the talent for the arts, go to business school.

Nu

I had a thermo professor that would staple campus maps with the college business school circled in red to the exams of students who got below a 60.

Tell us again how you would know anything about being an airline pilot, being that you're a light twin Capt and all.

Explain to me again how being an airline pilot is really hard.. with that FMS which is super hard to figure out and then sometimes you have to go to a busy airport. Busy! Really busy!

Don't forget to put the gear down or we'll have to find a monkey that can do it and you'll be out of a job.

Latest resources

Back