Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

babydoll

PIT
Most of you probably dont remember me, I had posted a few times inquiring about the Air Force and the ANG. Just a little update, I did join and left for basic training in march, got orders for tech school the day i graduated, and went to good ol' sheppard afb. and now, doing my seasoning training. I had an awesome time with all of it. I just want to thank everybody for the positive comments that were given to me, I think that this was the best decision I have ever made. Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS... If anyone has questions about AF or Guard just ask away, im fresh out of it so I pretty much remember everything there is to know

Is there an age limit to joining the ANG? (Just turned 25) I don't want to join until my training contract is up with my frax provider. Another 1+ to go.

What will you be working with now?

Thanks

Your young enough to join. I dont really know if there is a "cut off" age, I know that it's like 32 for pilots. My job is Aircrew Life Support, working with c-130's. My shop is awesome, the people are awesome, the officers are nice as can be. It's a really relaxed environment. I love it. I'm doing training and classes right now to get ready for deployment in October....already! I'm excited though.

Hey babydoll, where are you based at?

My base is in Peoria, IL

oh, you are a guard girl now. Thats cool. I would have definitely joined the guard if I knew enough about it a few years ago. I've seen a few Peoria birds come through here. Im in Good ole' Iraq now. Have fun on your deployment.

Oh for sure I will, where are you based out of?

Im a 130 crew chief out of Little Rock. I figured if you were AD and life support for herks, then you would have most likely been out of The Rock. Once you get there, they trap you and you never leave. Its good to get away. Thats why I kind of volunteered for a deployment. But they didn't tell me where I was going until I said yes. Well, Im in Iraq. See what you get for volunteering. But its ok for now. Do you live in Peoria, or is that where you wanted to start your life?

Last edited:
im in peoria now, i guess we're leaveing for the rock shortly to give you guys a 130 to go to the desert, but im in northern IL

Thats not a surprise that you are having to give us a plane. We have lost a lot of airplanes due to those wing cracks and we pretty much scrape any plane we can get. We even went as far as going to the boneyard at Davis Monthan, to bring back a plane from the dead, and fly it as a trainer here. So are you going to be flying in that plane to the desert, or are you just going to go with to deliver it to Little Rock?

Latest resources

Back