• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Back home..........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Babydoll, its ok. Thanks for looking anyways.

Pkober, play nice, we are all on the same team.

Jetjock19,

We are on the same team.

One unintended effect of the current operations is the tension between the ANG and the AD. I speak from the Ops side only. I can't speak for MX. Hopefully OEF/OIF won't put any deeper divides between us.

Be safe over there. You guys are doing a great job.

CLAMBAKE

Last edited:
Pkober, what ang unit are you from

Yeah, there is always tension between what service you are in and what type of service you are in. We have to work extensively with the Marines here and let me tell you that is an experience of it own. They are definitely programmed differently than we are, but its ok. they probably think the same about us, with some more opinions. But we work around it because we have to work together to get the job done. We make the best of it out of what we have. I agree there shouldn't be any tension between any of us. We are all here to do the same mission and should learn from each other. I respect the guard now that I know more about it. Its just those few people out there who try to say that they are the best and those who follow that. So, I am glad when we all get along. It helps out here. I find the aircrews out here to be a he!! of a lot better. We all get along great out here with MX and OPS. I dont know what it is back home that is so sour, but here it must be the fact that we are all stuck here and have a mission to do no matter what, so we do it. Being out here does bring you together. So good luck if you have to come here soon. And be safe and Im sure ill see you out here in TQ, Iraq.

Jet

We gave some airplanes to Boise but think we are gettting them back. Due to BRAC, we are "gaining" four airplanes and we want the ones we gave away back. There will be some other airplanes available soon. We might even pick up four more and split the squadrons.

Try getting that smallpox shot two days before you leave for the desert and then be expected to "keep it clean". I guess the medical folks did not read the travel brochure for the desert. Did not mention clean. When we arrived in our "undisclosed" location in March 03, we dropped our bags and put up our tent...at 3 freaking AM! Fun stuff...and would not trade it for all the nickles in the world!

babydoll said:
Yeah, we have H models, while I was gone they did a full E to H conversion, right now they are picking up our last one in Hawaii.

Latest resources

Back