Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BA vs. Virgin Atlantic; the wager is on?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Traderd

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...anson-makes-1m-challenge-to-Willie-Walsh.html

"He has been spurred into action by suggestions from Mr Walsh, chief executive of International Airlines, the BA and Iberia group, that Virgin Atlantic could soon be consigned to history if a planned deal involving Delta Airlines goes through."

"Sir Richard strongly denied the Virgin name will be dropped and has offered to pay BA staff £1m if the brand name has disappeared within five years. If he wins he wants BA to make a £1m payment to Virgin staff."

"Last night, Mr Walsh retaliated at a press conference in Seoul, saying: “Branson is a billionaire banker, allegedly. I’m not a billionaire. So maybe a bet that would have as much pain to me as it would to him – a knee in the groin.”

A million pounds against a knee to the groin. Guess we'll know for sure within 5 years.

I think the AA/BA matchup was huge. They both can have 13 flights a day between JFK and LHR. DL alone has 3. Virgin has 5 or 6. Add DL and VA together, and they put up a bigger fight against the monster AA/BA.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I guess DAL is pretty sure the American Us air deal is going to happen.
This is DAL trying to get a hold on LHR before their soon to be largest competitor can lock them out.

I guess DAL is pretty sure the American Us air deal is going to happen.
This is DAL trying to get a hold on LHR before their soon to be largest competitor can lock them out.

I believe almost everyone WANTS AA and US to merge. It will take away an extra competitor, and the infighting will keep it screwed up.

Bye Bye---General Lee

and the infighting will keep it screwed up.
once again, you love the infighting between AMR, LCC and AW. You are enamored with it at SWA/AT. Nothing would make you more giddy than to see massive furloughs everywhere and to be the first one to report it to simply add to your charge to 50,000 posts. Says a lot about you.

once again, you love the infighting between AMR, LCC and AW. You are enamored with it at SWA/AT. Nothing would make you more giddy than to see massive furloughs everywhere and to be the first one to report it to simply add to your charge to 50,000 posts. Says a lot about you.

I disagree, and I have NEVER wanted anyone to be furloughed. If the USAir East guys cannot even get into the cockpit with a West pilot, what makes you think they will settle for an AA cockpit? It's a mentality that has to stop. You can't sign up for binding arbitration and then decide the award wasn't correct. That is the point here. Now the East guys want to play nice, while forgetting what they DID to the West guys? How much money has been lost? How many lost upgrades? You seem to forget that. As far as the AT guys go, they were hosed also. I'm sorry, but a management should NOT favor one side. That never creates goodwill. That and SWAPA should be fighting for equal pay NOW, because SWA is still getting bag fees from the AT side, they can afford it. I don't hear squat from SWAPA, and that is WRONG. And they want the AT pilots and their money when they suddenly turn into Corndogs? Where will the loyalty be? Can you tell me any of that is incorrect? Try not to slam and try to tell me your opinion about the above? Let's see if you can do it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Every one takes the General too seriously and you never have to worry about what some thing says about him, judging by his current post count he will tell you every thing you want to know and then some.

Latest resources

Back