• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BA Degrees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Make sure that whatever you decide on is worth the paper the degree is printed on. DAL has a book an inch thick listing what degree's from where are acceptable, not sure of the name of the book but I could find out. There are online university's based in Wyoming that will sell you any degree you want for a few hundred bucks., there is no regulations in WY for internet/online universitys. Make sure you're not scammed.

Hey Guys I guess I'll probably have to go back and finish up my BA. I have an AA in Aviation and am looking to see what everyone recommends for a BA. Gonna have to be an online degree. Hopefully the cheapest and easiest degree possible. Thanks, and by the way any new hires getting hired on at the majors without a BA?

I know about 4 or 5 at Airways that don't have BA's, although most have an AA or several years of college completed. I'm sure there are many more . If you don't have the degree, having lot's of experience or having an inside connection is you next best thing for getting past the HR desk.
I have to agree with others posting on here that having something else to fall back on is one of the most important things to consider.

Ya, know what I'd do, visit the local community college, and see what credits would be accepted, and the extra credits required for the EASIEST BA. Probably business communications. It might be a night school(one night a week)option. Please let us know what you decide, I'm interested, and good luck.

Well so far I found Everglades University Online. I already have an AA in aviation so most of the classes transfer, I think I'm only going to have to take 33 or so credits for the BA. At $450 per credit hour, I guess around $15,000 and 11 months. Well at least its quick

Great job, just know to go back is much harder than suspected. Family still comes first. If your company has 32 hour layover's in dumpy places, take um. It;s the only way. Foreign country preferably, mobile phone bills will prohibit too much chatting. Good luck!

Aviation Degrees are for chumps

...There are online university's based in Wyoming that will sell you any degree you want for a few hundred bucks., there is no regulations in WY for internet/online universitys. Make sure you're not scammed.

I think you are referring to Hamilton University. Cessna's CEO, Jack Pelton, lists not one, but two, degrees from that place.

For an interesting read on the topic, try this link: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/08/60II/main654319.shtml

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back