B787 Secondary Cockpit Barrier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Deleted to hold my tongue.

What's to get exited about? We have a security MATRIX. Keanu at 38000 is more than enough to foil a cockpit rush.

What's to get exited about? We have a security MATRIX. Keanu at 38000 is more than enough to foil a cockpit rush.

Didn't United have a rush on a 777 cockpit on a flight to South America a year or so after 911 that resulted in the intruder getting into the cockpit and getting whacked on the head with the crash ax? IIRC, not one passenger intervened.

Simply stated L-UAL was a victom of 9-11 therefore more safety procedures. CO was a by stander during 9-11. Their management , now our management, doesn't care about safety if it costs money. More saftey examples not related to security..UAL uses dual chamber life vests, one cartridge fails or one chamber has a leak you are still floating.. CO single chamber=cartridge doesnt work or you get a leak sorry about your luck. UAL dual canister aviox o2- CO single. UAL actually carries infant life preservers and hands them out before flight. Yes we lose some on every flight but we were always safety first...Not anymore.

In the interest of accuracy, I'm pretty sure that the secondary door is an option for which one pays extra. Not that it should make much difference if it is an obvious item of safety.

Didn't United have a rush on a 777 cockpit on a flight to South America a year or so after 911 that resulted in the intruder getting into the cockpit and getting whacked on the head with the crash ax? IIRC, not one passenger intervened.

I'm guessing Unical would argue that pilots are armed now and there is no longer a need for the barriers.

I don't see anything about secondary cockpit barriers in the new TA. Am I missing something, or did it disappear?

Latest resources

Back