• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B787 Secondary Cockpit Barrier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the interest of accuracy, I'm pretty sure that the secondary door is an option for which one pays extra. Not that it should make much difference if it is an obvious item of safety.

You would be wrong as far as the 787 is concerned. Standard issue for that aircraft.

I's probably some pointless weight issue for the second door.

You know, like carry as little fuel as possible. Where one fuel divert wipes out a week of running around on fumes?

Simply stated L-UAL was a victom of 9-11 therefore more safety procedures. CO was a by stander during 9-11. Their management , now our management, doesn't care about safety if it costs money. More saftey examples not related to security..UAL uses dual chamber life vests, one cartridge fails or one chamber has a leak you are still floating.. CO single chamber=cartridge doesnt work or you get a leak sorry about your luck. UAL dual canister aviox o2- CO single. UAL actually carries infant life preservers and hands them out before flight. Yes we lose some on every flight but we were always safety first...Not anymore.

Remind me never to bring my infant on a sCAL flight. I can't believe those 2nd tier losers don't even carry infant life vests! I guess that's what happens when you don't actually fly over a body of water wider than the Mississippi!

Remind me never to bring my infant on a sCAL flight. I can't believe those 2nd tier losers don't even carry infant life vests! I guess that's what happens when you don't actually fly over a body of water wider than the Mississippi!

Ooooo. Harsh. How may 757 are ETOPS at UAL?

We have 767s 777s and the whale for widebody type flying.

It always makes me laugh when somebody says "Are they ETOPS?!"
What is sad is that we have Guppy ETOPS now. Small airline thinking right there.

So you think a GS or a 1Ker will take that type of operation for long?

We have 767s 777s and the whale for widebody type flying.

It always makes me laugh when somebody says "Are they ETOPS?!"
What is sad is that we have Guppy ETOPS now. Small airline thinking right there.

So you think a GS or a 1Ker will take that type of operation for long?

Why would you laugh? Who has 777's that can't fly to Hawaii? You gotta quit living in the 70's with your chest-thumpin WB. No one really gives two shats. The 1Ker did quite well with CAL which is why we actually had airline paxs that wanted to fly us. Read from Worst to First. Since this merger, we suck so bad, we can't get our own employees to fly on us. And you're still living in the distant past with "we have WB's". We had to close the 747 base in ORD cause the turd couldn't stay in the air and then move them all to SFO for heavy MX just to get a reliable fleet with spares. My friend, you are Nero playing the violin while Rome burns around you.

Whatever lets you sleep at night.

Who's MGT is running the airline now again?
Gordo is gone along with his kind forever I am afraid.

Latest resources

Back