• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B757 international cruise speeds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
75/76 MMO is .84. Must have been a UAL 747.

Regarding 757 fuel on the NATs... it gets pretty tight westbound in the winter. AA had the brilliant idea of switching JFK-BCN to a 757 in November. The very first three flights all diverted, followed by about 1 divert per week. They switched it back to a 763 by mid December.

Thanks folks...figured 0.80M was the "normal" cruise (seems to be that way for bizjets) but with gas being tight coming west I didn't know if dispatch normally kept you 0.77-0.78 and if so, if that created any spacing issues on the tracks.

Can you tell I have exactly zero international experience? :D

Thanks folks...figured 0.80M was the "normal" cruise (seems to be that way for bizjets) but with gas being tight coming west I didn't know if dispatch normally kept you 0.77-0.78 and if so, if that created any spacing issues on the tracks.

Can you tell I have exactly zero international experience? :D

No one should have to learn about international from strangers. You could have just called me and asked. ;)

TC

It might help that bizjets don't need to abide by ETOPS rules, so you might benefit from the fact that you can just point it east and let 'er rip. Barber Pole is recommended. Just stay above or below the tracks.

It might help that bizjets don't need to abide by ETOPS rules, so you might benefit from the fact that you can just point it east and let 'er rip. Barber Pole is recommended. Just stay above or below the tracks.

Not quite. They never let me do a crossing, but using the offshore routes down to the islands from the NYC area we were always getting speed restricted unless we were at 430 or better. Still getting restricted if there was someone ahead of us at that altitude.

75/76 MMO is .84. Must have been a UAL 747.

Regarding 757 fuel on the NATs... it gets pretty tight westbound in the winter. AA had the brilliant idea of switching JFK-BCN to a 757 in November. The very first three flights all diverted, followed by about 1 divert per week. They switched it back to a 763 by mid December.

I'm 2 for 5 BCN-EWR! It is a fuel density issue for us. Because of this instead of 76.9 gate fuel we have 75.8. One divert was to YQX last March, that was fun and frigg'in cold. The FBO does have good ice cream though, ironic if anything.:D

Mmo for the 757 is M.86. The United flight could have been a 777 which has an Mmo of M.89.

The ice cream in Gander is so good because they make it with Moose milk :)

Last edited:
What does the 75 burn per hour? I think someone told me about 7K.

Latest resources

Back