• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 STILL cancelling flights!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Believe me, I've been in JFK since this unfolded and it is a f__kin joke. I'm embarassed to walk in the terminal. And all the fingers can be pointed to our mgmt. Port Authority has nothing to do with this.

I flew out of EWR Wednesday morning On-time no less. But I was surprised that we (cal) had precancelled so many flights. A little less than 7% of our full sch was cancelled on Wednesday. But on Thursday, the day after the storm we ran a 99.8% completion factor. I dont want to bash JB but CALs proactive approach seems to have worked very well. I think with all the JB spin, we somtimes forget that they are a very young airline with a lot of learning to do.

I flew out of EWR Wednesday morning On-time no less. But I was surprised that we (cal) had precancelled so many flights. A little less than 7% of our full sch was cancelled on Wednesday. But on Thursday, the day after the storm we ran a 99.8% completion factor. I dont want to bash JB but CALs proactive approach seems to have worked very well. I think with all the JB spin, we somtimes forget that they are a very young airline with a lot of learning to do.
This is one of the questions I had. EWR dealt with the same wx as JFK on Wed., and we've heard nothing about any problems with CAL. I am embarrassed for our operation and response to this situation...

I flew out of JFK (Delta) this morning and we had numerous difficulties due to the icy ramp and taxiway conditions. Many taxiways that lead onto ramp areas have not been plowed by the port authority. It was pathetic.... I flew out of Cleveland for years in real winter conditions, and PANJNY can't handle a little ice.

jetBlue isnt' the only one being affected.

The quote from the spokesman claimed it was about "safety", as in "The passengers were going to assault the workers." Ok, that's not a real quote, but it's exactly what they're going through.

JBLU had to cancel because the passengers were in mass revolt and the front-line workers couldn't handle it any more. What an absolute debacle.

Sorry JBLU guys, this could be the UAL's "Summer of Love", applied to blue airplanes. This could be the beginning of the end--UAL never quite recovered from that summer of love, JBLU looks like a typical low-fare carrier who can't even run a normal schedule.

Love you guys, but I think you ran too far in front of your management. That's what the news is saying, "Too aggressive growth for managment's ability."

What does growth have to do with this. JFK cant even clear the taxiways and runways, then our mgmt decides to not pre-cancel 2 days ago and pushes the button now. Growth IMO has nothing to do with this mess.

Jetblue is using ATA, North American and Omni to move stranded pax. What a complete mess the've gotten into. This event is going to have a significant impact on the 1Q financials.

Alpine

My friend working there said the E190s are parked until the 19th. Will that help the situation? Apparently Dave Barger is running around the JFK terminal fuming mad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I just spoke with a buddy of mine who flies for B6 - he told me the same thing that General Lee pointed out. Why in the world would they park their 190 fleet? How does this benefit anyone? As for blaming the PA of NY & NJ, nice try but it doesn't explain this. Nobody I know who works there on the line can make any sense out of any of this. Absolutely unexcusable.

Latest resources

Back