• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 PEA Amendment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To us as individual pilots, it probably doesn't make much difference, at least in the short term. The problem is that the long-term wisdom of signing or not signing depends entirely on what the company does in the future. We could get screwed either way, which means the contract language is poorly drawn, insufficiently vetted, and inadequate to protect the pilots. The company already has what it wants, which is to keep its options open while restricting ours - whether we sign or not.

It won't matter if you sign it or not. The next PEA adjustment will have a pay raise on it, and you will have to sign to get a pay adjustment. Sign now, sign later, but eventually you will sign.

It won't matter if you sign it or not. The next PEA adjustment will have a pay raise on it, and you will have to sign to get a pay adjustment. Sign now, sign later, but eventually you will sign.

Not necessarily. Pay rate amendments have typically been standalone changes to the pay table, not all-inclusive of past amendments.

However, it *could* be an all-inclusive amendment, and we'd have to take it or leave it. This is just one of many possible ways the company can maintain control of its options while restricting our own.

Last edited:
The only reason to sign is for a future merger/aquisition. The PEA is one giant loophole, no one disputes that(except the BoBs). But when we are purchased having everyone on the same PEA will make it easier for us to claim joinder, much like 3A, instead of the acquiring airline arguing that all of us are on different contracts.
We're are going to get fooked regardless, it's the Jetblue way, so I want to be able to point to something written saying they were supposed to take care of me.

I'm not planning on signing. The documents are weak and I just don't want to put my name on a piece of garbage like that.

.... acquiring airline arguing that all of us are on different contracts. We're are going to get fooked regardless, it's the Jetblue way, so I want to be able to point to something written saying they were supposed to take care of me.

Unless your agreement has some pretty bulletproof successorship language, an acquiring airline is not required to recognize it.

Sorry.

Unless your agreement has some pretty bulletproof successorship language, an acquiring airline is not required to recognize it.

Sorry.

Our PEA's in any form are far from bulletproof. I am skeptical on signing. Has anyone had an attorney look at this? If so, please share your thoughts. I have yet to see a compelling reason to sign, other than having some poorly written merger language over "none whatsoever" (pun intended). Even so, does anyone know if the company can actually protect one group of its pilots more than the other (signers vs no signers) in case of M&A?

Our PEA's in any form are far from bulletproof. I am skeptical on signing. Has anyone had an attorney look at this? If so, please share your thoughts. I have yet to see a compelling reason to sign, other than having some poorly written merger language over "none whatsoever" (pun intended). Even so, does anyone know if the company can actually protect one group of its pilots more than the other (signers vs no signers) in case of M&A?

Any lawyer who has passed the bar exam (and even those who just spend too much time at the bar) can tell you that the PEA isnt worth the paper it is written on.

The only thing I wonder about is your 2nd part of the post, about the company giving preferrential treatment to those who sign as opposed to those who dont. Because lets face it, all the company men will sign it and they are sure to come out smelling like a rose when the poop hits the fan.

Latest resources

Back