B6 Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And there is ASA_Aviators calculus.

Make sure you get Smarta$$ contact information so you can exchange text message as you work a 16 hour duty day starting at 20:00.
Good luck.

I make more $$$, spend more time at home, and my QOL is better commuting to JB as a 2 year guy than it was as a mid seniority regional Captain living in base. I have also never worked a 16 hour duty day at JB and either have you worked a scheduled 16 hour day. That being said I am still waiting for Delta to call. Do your homework, get all the facts, choose wisely, and when you turn 65 you will know if you chose correctly.

Last edited:
You funny ... I always love the: "Well it is better than working in a coal mine". Measuring something against the worst is always a way to find better.

Other airlines have hard duty time limits for actual duty especially during the WOCL. See DAL.

Reserve's operate up to 16 hours on a regular basis. Sure they try to only limit to 14 but hey: "it legal and you are the only one who can do it'.

Also what is added to your pairing after the orginal bid package is only limited by the FARs.

But hey it is better than working at Cape Air Regional Airline.

Run the excel spreadsheet with best and worst case and make the decision.

There is more than one data point though.

Health care, non vested retirement benefits, crash pads, cab fares etc.

Good luck!

I make more $$$, spend more time at home, and my QOL is better commuting to JB as a 2 year guy than it was as a mid seniority regional Captain living in base. I have also never worked a 16 hour duty day at JB and either have you worked a scheduled 16 hour day. That being said I am still waiting for Delta to call. Do your homework, get all the facts, choose wisely, and when you turn 65 you will know if you chose correctly.

If you choose correctly you won't have to work until you are 65.

LOTS of BS here.

I've been on and off reserve for 1.5 years. I've NEVER worked a 16 hour day. This is complete BS.

16 hour day starting at 2000? That'll be illegal as hell in a few months. I've never even come CLOSE to that. Even half that. BS.

Here is the reality: Jetblue is going to be better than ANY regional.....period. By 3rd year FO pay you'll be making more than damn near any regional captain just by flying a regular about 80-85 hour schedule.

If you live in base, reserve is great. Like I said, reserve here on and off for more than a year. Most I've EVER flown in a month on reserve is 51 hours, which was this December. In the slow months, like February coming up, you'll have to beg for flying on the 320. I don't know about the 190, but on the 190, you'll only be on reserve 3 or 4 months anyway, if that, as long as they are hiring. Learn how to work the system, and commuting to reserve in the slow months is better than holding a line.

3rd year pay, after the new raise we just got (a meager 2%) is about $85 bucks an hour on the 320. (even if you are hired into the 190, you can move to the 320 by then if you want). 190 pay is about 10% less. If you fly a normal schedule on the airbus (about 80 hours), you'll make a little over 80 grand. That is assuming no per diem, no holiday pay, no JA pay, NEVER picking up a trip, NEVER getting any premium pay, and never crediting one second over 80 in a month. Guys will scream about the bid divisors being low, and they're not lying. But if you can't fix your schedule via Flica, you are stupid or lazy. I am VERY close to the dead bottom of lineholders (when I hold one), and I fix my line every month. This month, the sked they gave me was 72 hours, 16 days off, and 2 redeyes. When I finished screwing with it in Flica, I had 17 days off, 80 hours, and NO redeyes. It's NOT hard if you have half a brain.

This is NOT a bad place to work. There are a thousand guys on here that will talk to you like this place is a vietnamese sweat shop. They are full of $hit. We are definitely no Delta, Uniter, FedEx, etc. But it's NOT BAD. The only thing you can do is do your own research and come in with eyes wide open. The bad: Health insurance SUCKS, retirement is bad, and we have no work rules other than the FAR's. There are other little things, but those are the three big ones. In new hire training they will feed you a bunch of BS about culture. It doesn't take long to realize that it is complete bull$hit. Don't believe the hype. We have problems that need to be fixed. We need a union, bad. But don't listen to morons that tell you to stay at a regional. This place is WAY better than a regional. Even if you get stuck as an FO for the next 30 years, you are still going to be far better off than you will be at any regional. And you and I both know that's not going to happen unless you are an incompetent pilot that can't pass upgrade.

Any Major is better, but Jetblue beats any regional hands down.

Not if you get hired in the right cycle with classes every two weeks, spending only 1 month on reserve and then jumping into 17-18 day off lines. True that.

Just looked at Jan 2013 and I see a bunch of 12, 13, 14, 15 days off with 74ish levels of credit for those just off reserve.

LOTS of BS here.

I've been on and off reserve for 1.5 years. I've NEVER worked a 16 hour day. This is complete BS.

16 hour day starting at 2000? That'll be illegal as hell in a few months. I've never even come CLOSE to that. Even half that. BS.

Here is the reality: Jetblue is going to be better than ANY regional.....period. By 3rd year FO pay you'll be making more than damn near any regional captain just by flying a regular about 80-85 hour schedule.

If you live in base, reserve is great. Like I said, reserve here on and off for more than a year. Most I've EVER flown in a month on reserve is 51 hours, which was this December. In the slow months, like February coming up, you'll have to beg for flying on the 320. I don't know about the 190, but on the 190, you'll only be on reserve 3 or 4 months anyway, if that, as long as they are hiring. Learn how to work the system, and commuting to reserve in the slow months is better than holding a line.

3rd year pay, after the new raise we just got (a meager 2%) is about $85 bucks an hour on the 320. (even if you are hired into the 190, you can move to the 320 by then if you want). 190 pay is about 10% less. If you fly a normal schedule on the airbus (about 80 hours), you'll make a little over 80 grand. That is assuming no per diem, no holiday pay, no JA pay, NEVER picking up a trip, NEVER getting any premium pay, and never crediting one second over 80 in a month. Guys will scream about the bid divisors being low, and they're not lying. But if you can't fix your schedule via Flica, you are stupid or lazy. I am VERY close to the dead bottom of lineholders (when I hold one), and I fix my line every month. This month, the sked they gave me was 72 hours, 16 days off, and 2 redeyes. When I finished screwing with it in Flica, I had 17 days off, 80 hours, and NO redeyes. It's NOT hard if you have half a brain.

This is NOT a bad place to work. There are a thousand guys on here that will talk to you like this place is a vietnamese sweat shop. They are full of $hit. We are definitely no Delta, Uniter, FedEx, etc. But it's NOT BAD. The only thing you can do is do your own research and come in with eyes wide open. The bad: Health insurance SUCKS, retirement is bad, and we have no work rules other than the FAR's. There are other little things, but those are the three big ones. In new hire training they will feed you a bunch of BS about culture. It doesn't take long to realize that it is complete bull$hit. Don't believe the hype. We have problems that need to be fixed. We need a union, bad. But don't listen to morons that tell you to stay at a regional. This place is WAY better than a regional. Even if you get stuck as an FO for the next 30 years, you are still going to be far better off than you will be at any regional. And you and I both know that's not going to happen unless you are an incompetent pilot that can't pass upgrade.

Any Major is better, but Jetblue beats any regional hands down.
Hey Cartoon Boy,

You are not the only pilot on the list.

I see a 15:35 on the back side of the clock just operated a few days ago and I only spent 30 seconds looking.

FLiCA? 400 pilots are trying to do the same thing. Cartoon Boy says you are stupid if it doesn't work out for you. Pilots!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back