• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 and AA may get cozier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don’t think merger is in the works..... They have the best of both worlds right now. Share revenue though interline possibly code share soon. Don’t have to access credit markets for the transitional events. Don’t have to deal with DOT or DOJ for merger approvals. However I do see this as a one side deal, lots of benefits for AA and not so much JB. AA get to enjoy an indirect increase in market share in NYC and lower operating cost though JB. JB become more and more dependent in AA revenue and a cap in lucrative international routes. With that said they could announce the merger tomorrow. The reality is that unless you are in the board room you are as clue less as I am….. A union may or may not get us a seat at that table. However, right now we don’t even have a chance at that seat.

AMR and AA are going to down size/ spinoff Eagle....its going to happen.

JFK is a slot limited airport and it is AA's largest international hub and they don't get alot of pax coming over from LGA so they need JB to do what AA and JB are aready doing on a small scale......Feed AA international traffic out of JFK. Under the current interline agreement AA has access to a limited number of seats to 20+ domestic JB destinations. If AA and JB merge then larger AMR/AA control 100 + domestic takeoff and landing slots at JFK and all the seats ....this will feed their multi billion dollar terminal and international operation. BOS is part of this interline agreement as well, they have already closed the Eagle base there.

Add to all of this they get back the Caribbean at a greatly reduced CASM.

The day JB places a new order for 250 Airbus 319, 320 and 321 NEO's will be the day when this possible merger becomes a done deal...mark my words.

Before we see an AA/B6 merger I think we will see a B6/VX merger. That creates an even more attractive piece to fill the holes in AAs network.

Before we see an AA/B6 merger I think we will see a B6/VX merger. That creates an even more attractive piece to fill the holes in AAs network.

Seriously? What do you think would happen to YOUR pay if you merged with VX considering NEITHER of you have ANY legal protection.

Here's a hint: Lowest common denominator.

Figure it out. Be careful what you wish for.

even the current Jb pea wont allow for a pay decrease.

fub... your just wrong.

Seriously? What do you think would happen to YOUR pay if you merged with VX considering NEITHER of you have ANY legal protection.

Here's a hint: Lowest common denominator.

Figure it out. Be careful what you wish for.

Hey, it's just Fubi spreading more of his positive thinking. :rolleyes:

B6 crew, I hope you never find out what that type of merger would feel like. AA would definitely kill your great product and ruin a perfectly good airline. Good Luck! :cool:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back