• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B6 and AA may get cozier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see your point here, however every AMR guy I have had in my JS of the last year said they would be surprised if 10% of the 1900 furloughs come back.

QUOTE]

I wonder how many of those guys went to JB back in the early 2000's? Would it be better for them to take the AA recall so as to try to avoid a staple? Or take they're chances at JB, hoping that a more fair seniority list integration would occur? (what are the chances that those mid-senior Captains may or may not lose their captain slot with a list integration?)

And of course in a future AA merger situation the TWA'ers get screwed big time.

An AA/B6 merger makes very little financial sense and that is exactly why it will happen. Better start digging out those white shirts.

QUOTE]
(what are the chances that those mid-senior Captains may or may not lose their captain slot with a list integration?)[/QUOTE]

It would be a very temporary loss of a captain slot, if any. Way to many retirements at AMR over the next 10 years to see much of any long term loss of seat or pay.

Integration is ultimately based on negotiation. Using the Dal/Nwa integration as an example B6 pilots would be integrated based partially on percentage of seniority and career expectations. You will not see a top 100 B6 pilot in the left seat of a 777.

Integration is ultimately based on negotiation. Using the Dal/Nwa integration as an example B6 pilots would be integrated based partially on percentage of seniority and career expectations. You will not see a top 100 B6 pilot in the left seat of a 777.

I imagine it would end up being a 10-15yr fence.

I thought SWA was buying us this year? Maybe next year...

2 years from May 2nd 2011.

Everyone knows that, I was told that in March from WN capt while I was js to MCO.

To be honest if we are merged with AA its not that big of a deal. Better pay, work rules, schedules, retirement, aircraft. The big question will be the integration. Without a union all bets are off. With a union we have a very fair chance based on post M/B mergers. Jetblue is a nice place to work but money, benefits and retirement are what matters. I don't give a crap if a gate agent, ramper or any member of management likes or dislikes me. Money talks.

The very thing that makes B6 attractive would be killed-off the minute we became part of AMR. JB makes sense because of our brand, culture, service, etc. We have our problems like all airlines, but from a customer standpoint, when we're on...we are ON! It's a great ride for the $$ and people generally know that.

If AA buys B6, imagine the training costs AA incurrs in the next 5-7 years with all the retirements and pilots changing airplanes? That alone is a costly & logistical nightmare.

AA is reportedly in talks with Airbus for a significant A320 order. AA and Jetblue management are well ahead of the Jetblue pilot group. Case in point Jetblue was in talks with AA for over 8 months regarding the initial "Alliance" agreement announced last year. This potential order for 100 320's plus our current fleet and orders will more than replace their aging MD-80 fleet. I'm not a pessimist nor a conspiracy theorist, I'm a realist. Something is up between our two company's.

Latest resources

Back