• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B19 Flyer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great protection of your union brotherhood.

The CBA allows for furloughs. Not concessions. I hope the pilots at NetJets have learned from the 121 carriers what happens when concessions are given. We lose our CBA, pilots get furloughed anyway, and management lines their pockets with gold.

IF NetJets comes to NJASAP and asks for concessions, I hope all the EBOARD does is laugh.

I didn't know that NJASAP had an MEC... Huh.:erm:

(We don't).

No, they haven't learned fischman.. unions never do and that's why the cycle is doomed to repeat itself.

You obviously have the opinion that others should not be concerned about what you make but what management makes is wrong. If you are payroll jealous, then you are in the wrong career, you should have become a doctor instead.

In your mind, just pay the contract and furlough those that are too low on the seniority list.

In a non-union company, when business is bad, what happens? People are usually let go. The difference in a union shop is that people are let go in reverse order of their service to the company AND they get to come back when things get better. More often than not, people let go from non-union companies during recessions NEVER get their job back. I'm no union cheer-leader and not a union member (for about another 1 year, 9 months, and a couple of days) but which scenario seems more fair?

very true Gutshot. Here is another thought. One argument made by the anti-union crowd for non-union shops and a supposed advantage is to allow the company to elliminate the least productive employees when reductions are made, even when that means out of seniority order terminations. The reality is those decisions are made based upon politics, alliances, and other reasons totally unrelated to the individual's ability. To claim otherwise is either naive or deceiptful.

No, they haven't learned fischman.. unions never do and that's why the cycle is doomed to repeat itself.

You obviously have the opinion that others should not be concerned about what you make but what management makes is wrong. If you are payroll jealous, then you are in the wrong career, you should have become a doctor instead.

In your mind, just pay the contract and furlough those that are too low on the seniority list.

wrong again B19.

I am not concerned about the contracts that management personnel managed to sign with NetJets. I am concerned about the compliance of our CBA.

wrong again B19.

I am not concerned about the contracts that management personnel managed to sign with NetJets. I am concerned about the compliance of our CBA.

Exactly. You are concerned about the compliance of the CBA, not the the jobs of any of your union co-workers.

I have stated many times, the union beats on their chest and states that they are out to protect their union "brothers", yet will never once attempt to save the job of anybody below them on the seniority list.

in this crappy economy, having a union don't matter. If they furlough they will furlough. Having a union on property has nothing to do with it. You're just upset because we make more money than you think we're worth.

I'd be all for a pay-cut to save the company, provided it was a COMPANY WIDE cut. Not just the flight crews taking a cut. We do most of the work and have the most responsiblity, therefore we shouldn't be targeted.

And before you come back with some dumbass post, be advised, I dont really care what you're talking about, Im just posting stuff cause it's funny watching you get all worked about it.

If you would respect other people's views then it probly wouldnt be like that.

Last edited:
in this crappy economy, having a union don't matter. If they furlough they will furlough. Having a union on property has nothing to do with it. You're just upset because we make more money than you think we're worth.

I'd be all for a pay-cut to save the company, provided it was a COMPANY WIDE cut. Not just the flight crews taking a cut. We do most of the work and have the most responsiblity, therefore we shouldn't be targeted.

And before you come back with some dumbass post, be advised, I dont really care what you're talking about, Im just posting stuff cause it's funny watching you get all worked about it.

If you would respect other people's views then it probly wouldnt be like that.

I never said that. I don't care what somebody makes as long as it doesn't jeapardize the rest of the company which is what unions and a CBA does.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

for once I think we agree, unions can do that. Glad we wern't greedy, otherwise I think the contract would sink us. What I hate about unions is the guy sweeping the floor makes $30/hr.....everyone wants to be rich. That's a problem. We shouldnt need a union as pilots that's for sure.

Our salaries don't even rank on the debt chart here. You should see what we spend on software and office supplies.

Calm down though, im just yanking your chain a bit.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back