Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong!

here is a quote from our CEO's Email sent out this week:::::

"We developed our long term strategy and I am pleased to say that this growth strategy was fully endorsed by Oak Hill. Our intent is to grow the 777F fleet to 10 aircrafts (contrary to all the rumors out there, Oak Hill is fully behind our 777F’s!!), we are in the process, as I type this, of acquiring the first of our 10x747-400’s, the first of which will be delivered in 2011"

Hope you find a better customer for the remaining 777's than Thai. They have NEVER succeeded in cargo only ops. Thai would be my next to last choice for a new plane, MAS being my last choice. I think Thai still owes Atlas money and they helped sink Focus. LH couldn't make it work either.

Hope you find a better customer for the remaining 777's than Thai. They have NEVER succeeded in cargo only ops. Thai would be my next to last choice for a new plane, MAS being my last choice. I think Thai still owes Atlas money and they helped sink Focus. LH couldn't make it work either.

Nice.........................................!

The B777 Freighter is more of a replacement for the MD-11 than the 747. It is in that sense a successful plane, and part of the reason FedEx likes em so much.

It all depends on the freight demand and the leg length. The 777's are not going to the heavy lift folks. EK isn't using it like they thought. Mainly DXB to/from HKG. Not sure how Southern/Thai is working out. FedEx is not maxing out in weight, but in cubes, which is where 777 shines vs fuel burn.

The load the 744 carries in ten trips, will require the 777 to do 11 trips, oops, there goes the fuel savings.

Latest resources

Back