Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snakum

How's your marmott?
Anyone have a source for B-58 training material/classes?

Written, CBT, online, or your old stuff you don't need any more? I need a comprehensive B-58 systems class in some form or another at the end of this month, in order to take advantage of a golden opportunity. It's coming out of my own pocket (I know, I know ... "Whore!") so I'm trying to dig up as many alternatives as possible.

Danke ...

Minher

Snakum,

After owning a B58 for 6+ years, the best advice I can give you is read and become very familiar with the POH. A bunch of good info in there.

I'm sure you can get a hold of one somewhere, as barons are fairly common. If not, you can get one from Raytheon.

Have fun, awesome airplane.

I thought you were talking about the B-58 Hustler there for a minute. Now, THAT would be a fun plane!

Me too, guess I'm getting old, because it brought back images of the B-58's going to Moscow with nukes in the movie "Fail Safe".

LOL! Eagle got me on the Hustler when I asked about B-58 checklists earlier this week. :D

Yeah Z, I have access to the Raytheon manual, and I have a copy of the Flight Express B-58 training quizzes, thanks to EagleRJ, which the manual will help me work thru. I was kind of hoping someone might still have the material from a Simuflite or FlightSafety B58 initial lying arouind that they needed to get rid of cheap. :)

Danke ...

Minh

"It's coming out of my own pocket"

My first thought was "he's got some coins if he's buying gas for four J-79s!"

Funny thing is, if you go to the Wright Pat AF museum, the B-58 is not as big as you might think it is.

When I was a kid I built a B-58 Hustler model. I remember it had a HUGE external fuel tank almost the length of the fuselage. Or was that one of the old timey nukes?

Last edited:
Snakum said:
LOL! Eagle got me on the Hustler when I asked about B-58 checklists earlier this week. :D

That's because a Baron is a BE-58.

If you know of anyone at your airport who does a freight run in a Baron, especially from a larger freight company, ask them and they can probably hook you up with some training material, profiles, checklists that they used when they went through training. You won't find many people who are logging as much time in a Baron as your local freight dawg, so they're probably the ones to ask for the ins and outs of flying one.

Good luck, it's a great airplane.

No, it was a fuel tank, and the hustler is an impressive airplane sitting rotting as a static display, big or small. What a beautiful piece of work.

Latest resources

Back