Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

iflyjets4food

R.O.N. at home
I was holding short yesterday in a King Air at CLT, and we had to sit for about 10 minutes before we got out. While waiting, I watched a Piedmont airplane slam one on 36R after falling probably 8-10 feet. He floated and floated and floated, and then, BAM. I wondered if anyone had seen some really bad airliner landings from the hold-short line?

Yes we all have. Dont poke fun you'll be one of those guys that everyone at the hold line laughs and groans at many times. Ever hear of karma? Let the pound fest begin!

I'm lucky in that I have never made a bad landing. :)

Oh! I got some landings if I think about will still bring tears to my eyes!!

;-)

We don't fly to many major airports, so the opportunity to see airliners landing like every 30 seconds is kind of interesting. At our home airport, we get a few regionals, but only like maybe 40 per day. I have seen them make some bad landings, but I just always figured airliners made mostly good landings. Are you telling me that bad landings are common? PHEW! Now I don't feel so bad about myself.

I saw a really bad landing about 1000ft from the hold short line...unfortunately I was the pilot "landing" the really bad landing. Oh well. Makes the good ones look better. Just because a person is an airline pilot doesn't mean they don't have a bad landing once in a while.:pimp:

Its like sex! If there wasn't bad sex, there could never be good sex! If you greased on every landing there would never be anything in the cockpit to laugh about while your taxing to the gate!

Iflyjets4food:

Ok you do make a good point but here is how it actually works, for the most part the landings are fine. some are buttered on and some are decent and some. . . . well the less said the better. With the number of flights airline pilots do in a week, specificaly regional pilots (somtimes 7 legs in a day) the law of numbers says you'll see a lot more pounders. I always just laugh when I slam one on. The hard part is not to laugh at the capt.

Ok, so maybe I'm in error in starting this thread. I always chalk my bad ones up to the fact that I don't have a lot of experience. I guess I have seen captains make some bad ones though. Like I said, I have never spent much time at busy airports, so I sat and watched the traffic yesterday for awhile since we were there like 8 hours.

Latest resources

Back