Awac Survival?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rtmcfi said:
I have no problem with mgmt going to battle with other companies for business. If my mgmt outfoxes yours, good for them.(and me) If yours outsmarts mine, good for them.(and you). The problem arises when labor (us) provides them with he leverage to outwit their adversaries. If we get better leases, or tax breaks, and turn that into an advantage good for us. If you or I give up pay or QOL to give the advantage to our respective mgmt.......well, a prostitute is a prostitute no matter what street they work on.

Probably one of the best written statements on this board in a long time. BRAVO!

You want to know how much those PSA jobs were worth? I don't remember the exact numbers, but Eastshore Holdings will be awarded stock when USAirways emerges from bankruptcy again. If they cash that stock out for the price it will be issued at, they will make a 100% ROI on the money invested in USAirways.

Please don't quote these numbers, but it seems to me the total investment will be about $225 mil. 125 now, the rest when they emerge. In return, USAirways awards Eastshore 18% of the new stock and 1 board seat. Those numbers were adjusted down a bit when America West joined the party, but they are still going to make ALOT of money.

T-Gates said:
Last I checked PSA is hiring, just shifting thier flying from PHL to CLT...yeah a different commute for some...but the ZW pilots are loosing 3 domiciles and possibly a fleet type in the move to U code.

It's not like this is a malicious undercutting of anybody's rates.....

I believe in the context of this PSA's is referring to Passenger Service Agents, not the airline.

rtmcfi said:
This is one reason I hope ZW keeps ASE. I hope it leads to easy rides for all of you. However, with unlimited jumps on UAL soon to come, this is less of an issue.

Unfortunatly not so. It won't effect the pilots but it does the ground staff. UAL has already made it clear that although ZW will be doing handling in many stations for some time to come they (UAL) will be removing travel benifits from ZW staff still envolved in UAL operations. This has effected some people already. There are some that commute to a ground job but now can't as the UAL EX station they work at are not served by USAir and UAL won't allow them "write your owns".

"That much money" first of all it was a loan (but you might as well say give)...and secondly it was what 150 mil....about three days worth of gas at USAirways.

pilotpayne said:
I don't think we are done for yet..I am sure the big 3 have a plan.
Who knows what it is.....I know If I gave u that much money there is no freaking way I would let those other airlines move in. I hope our board seat helps as well, we are part owners right?

Victor Meldrew said:
Unfortunatly not so. It won't effect the pilots but it does the ground staff. UAL has already made it clear that although ZW will be doing handling in many stations for some time to come they (UAL) will be removing travel benifits from ZW staff still envolved in UAL operations. This has effected some people already. There are some that commute to a ground job but now can't as the UAL EX station they work at are not served by USAir and UAL won't allow them "write your owns".

Sorry I didn't make that as clear as I could have. What I should have said was....
I hope ZW keeps the 146 flying in and out of ASE. Hopefully that will lead to easier jumps for all.

Latest resources

Back