Awac Survival?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MotoXXX said:
A scab by definition or at least one definition is a worker who does union work for less pay. I.E. SCABWEST. By the way good luck to all of you scabwest pilots, you are now the most expensive United Express pilots, you will be undercut by Blowjets, CHQ, and of course Mesa and you can do nothing about because you won't join ALPA

Well, If you are on the CL-65, and have more than 1 yr seniority, you are doing it for less than SkyWest, pest, worst, or whatever. Does that make you a scab?

Seeing how you are an ALPA member, what was your union able to do to stop the likes of blojet, mesa, and skypest from taking "your" flying?

fwiw, I do hope to see ALPA at OO

MotoXXX said:
A scab by definition or at least one definition is a worker who does union work for less pay. I.E. SCABWEST. By the way good luck to all of you scabwest pilots, you are now the most expensive United Express pilots, you will be undercut by Blowjets, CHQ, and of course Mesa and you can do nothing about because you won't join ALPA

Lest we forget...we have all undercut United Pilots. Have you been a "scab" for the last few years flying routes that were previously flown by the men and women fuloughed from United? Your skewed sense of entitlement is troubling.

Oh yeah, don't forget SkyWHORE next time. That one really makes us mad!

Last edited:
Illinois said:
Lest we forget...we have all undercut United Pilots. Have you been a "scab" for the last few years flying routes that were previously flown by the men and women fuloughed from United? Your skewed sense of entitlement is troubling.

Oh yeah, don't forget SkyWHORE next time. That one really makes us mad!

Got delusional????

Illinois said:
I'm delusional? Enlighten me.

AWAC bid 75-50 seat airplanes to replace the turbo-prop in the ORD and DEN markets. Shortly after UAL declared bankruptsy. UAL then put out a bid for additional regional flying to include 70 and 90 seat airplanes. Skywest gave UAL 500 Million dollars in aircraft equity in return for an affirmed contract. This money was to directly replace the flying of the 737's for mainline, in markets to be decided as the aircraft arrived on property. --

UAL began retiring 737's before the 70 seat airplanes arrived, that left them using 50 seat airplanes in markets that required much larger airplanes. That has since been fixed, and the 70 seaters are flying those routes today. Hopefully (for you) the damage done can be corrected. (We will be flying for Airways soon, so I really don't care.)

Unfortunatly the pay rates at Skywest are the same for 50-99 seats. By keeping the same pay, and getting the additional flying the nickname Skywhore was born. (Of course today things are a little different today. Several companies have decided they will undercut the lowest bidder. Hopefully the "race to the bottom" is over.) But once a nickname has started, it carries through. Just like "Air Wisky".

Of course the game is still being played out, because this week, UAL came back to AWAC and asked for a bid on 100 seaters. I guess UAL thinks they can still play the pimp. We'll see...

MotoXXX said:

You get my vote for most clueless poster.
Better to remain silent than prove yourself a fool. If your definition of scab was accurate then the industry is full of scabs. The only non-scabs would be the highest paid pilots. So any 737 pilot who deosn't work for Southwest is a scab according to MotoXXX. You heard it here first.
Using your definition AWAC pilots are scabs because they are "worker(s) who (perform) union work for less pay."

I suppose I should go easy on you because you're probably very new to this industry. Get someone in your MEC to enlighten you.

MotoXXX said:
MOTOputz,
Not only are you stoopid, you add ignorance to your formidable basket of skills. Your own lack of natural intelligence mixes with uncommon stupidity, now take a moment and read your statment above "most expensive express pilots who does union work for less pay". Listen diaper breath, very closely, it's not "union work" if you lose the contract due to non competitive bidding or violation of said contract terms, not to mention plain exercising of contractual rights to terminate the contract. It's quite amusing that you wish SKYW pilots luck, when you need all the LUCK you can get. Under cut by who? SKYW continues to bid and prevail against the above listed carriers(including yours). We can do nothing about.....? Seems to me all of the above lower cost regionals are union as yours is and look what it got you, a future furlough date according to your union sanctioned contract. I have been ALPA at another carrier and know the exact definition of scab and your application of "scab" is not only wrong, it shows your shallow knowledge base and intellect. I personally feel more than bad for any pilot whom might lose their job for any reason(except incompetence), you are the exception to that rule. Enjoy the application process at Krispy Kremes!
PBR
P.S. We will see how the next ALPA vote goes....

E170Guppykiller said:
146's used to be a mainline aircraft at USAir.
Yes, you moron and United could have had them at mainline had they put the Air Wisconsin pilots on the list in 92. The only reason they kept them were due to the original slot allocations at ORD and Aspen.

Of course the game is still being played out, because this week, UAL came back to AWAC and asked for a bid on 100 seaters. I guess UAL thinks they can still play the pimp. We'll see...

Still ZW where did you get this information? Is it printed somewhere? Or is it just some more rumor? I think AWAC currently does fly 100 seaters for UAL.

G.C. announced it on his update. Sounds like UAL is having trouble finding something to replace the 146. They came back to AWAC asking to extend our contract for the 146.

AWAC says they're 'looking into it.'

HA HA HA. F' UAL.

S.

Latest resources

Back