AWAC info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Call out time is currently two hours.

The union is currently pursuing a four hour call out due to two out of three of our new bases being in PHL & DCA (high traffic/high cost of living within a two hour area).

I would assume they are high balling to possibly meet in the middle with a three hour call out, I wouldn't hold your breathe on that, but we are getting pretty da.mn short on some of our staffing levels so we'll see.

I wouldn't count on getting off reserve very quickly in PHL. If you did get sick of it though you would have the advantage of living in a hub with on-line access to Norfolk (our second largest base) where you would probably be able to hold a line the soonest. Commuter policy gives you two flights to get there on any airline.

Piker

Dca

Sounds like everyone is a little unsure of what the status is of the bases right now?? I guess that's expected.. I'm interested in coming over to AWAC from the regional I'm at right now. I never believed in doing the "regional hop" but there are some really bad company's out there to work for and unfortunately I'm stuck at one. I hope to get DCA, but if I don't I'll just commute and bid in eventually I'm sure. Living in Domicile and being on Reserve isn't too shabby.
What's the best way to apply?? I went to the website and emailed them my cover letter and resume a week ago. Still no call back. Any info would be appreciated! Thanx

All I can say is welcome to our disfunctional family. I must admit PHL and DCA have not been my favorite places to fly out of but we made the best of it. PHL is a mess but DCA is not so bad except that living out there would put an FO in the poorhouse (not that we already are.)

Enjoy! :)

FlyinPiker said:
Call out time is currently two hours.

The union is currently pursuing a four hour call out due to two out of three of our new bases being in PHL & DCA (high traffic/high cost of living within a two hour area).

I would assume they are high balling to possibly meet in the middle with a three hour call out, I wouldn't hold your breathe on that, but we are getting pretty da.mn short on some of our staffing levels so we'll see.

I wouldn't count on getting off reserve very quickly in PHL. If you did get sick of it though you would have the advantage of living in a hub with on-line access to Norfolk (our second largest base) where you would probably be able to hold a line the soonest. Commuter policy gives you two flights to get there on any airline.

Piker
3 hour call out for reserve would be great. is this wishful rumoring or is this a near future possibility? Sounds like PHL is quite a mess of a base...

Question for anyone that can answer me. I am also working for a part 121 crj airline, and looking to do the "hop" Is it true that if they do hire me or anyone w/ crj time they have an advance training program in about half the time..or normal training?

As you're already current and qualified you wouldn't have to do all the sims that a un-qualified new hire would have to.

I think the Indy guys that came over had to do 4 hours but don't quote me on that.

illeagle said:
3 hour call out for reserve would be great. is this wishful rumoring or is this a near future possibility? ...

Neither. The union told us they were going to the company and proposing a 4 hour call out. I have no further info other than that. They are not obligated to change it. All because we think it would be more reasonable means nothing to them. They are very dollars and cents minded these days.

Count on our current two hour call out if that plays a part in coming here.

Latest resources

Back