• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awa/usairs Arbitration In !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All these people that talk about the '3100' grandpa's voting this down to spite Parker and the AWA pilots are silly. If Parker wants these two carriers to be operated separately(always a possibility but unlikely with the Feds), than he'll let you play your games. If not, he'll throw out the one thing he knows will make U's pilots fold like Dirk Nowitzki-money. The AWA pilots never had a pension, U did and lost it without much time to make it up with or without 65. Considering what they lost and how much time they have to make it up, anything that will bump up their retirements will trump the rest of this garbage. No need for Parker to negotiate seriously prior to a list merger award, now he knows exactly what he's working with and what he needs to do to get a deal done. The U pilots have been punked for too long, they will fall for money and then go out and spend the rest of the time bitching about the award and litigating.

Duh, money always can buy a yes vote. The new list just made the merger more expensive and the operation chittier.

If what I hear is true and the East pilots think making the new US Airways fail is a good idea...they're idiots. All I hear is pissing and moaning about "you just don't understand, after all of our paycuts and benefit cuts, we don't deserve this treatment!" Sooooo making the airline fail is any better? Am I correct in thinking that biting the bullet and doing your freaking job pays more than taking more paycuts because you f**ked things up?

Clearly I'm missing something here.

If what I hear is true and the East pilots think making the new US Airways fail is a good idea...they're idiots. All I hear is pissing and moaning about "you just don't understand, after all of our paycuts and benefit cuts, we don't deserve this treatment!" Sooooo making the airline fail is any better? Am I correct in thinking that biting the bullet and doing your freaking job pays more than taking more paycuts because you f**ked things up?

Clearly I'm missing something here.

Your missing some class. So shut up and celebrate amongst yourselves.
This airline will fail due to labor issues in a few years so don't go buying that captains house too soon. These guys just got pounded in the @ss
by this integration, particularly by losing their retirements to the West. I would be careful about gloating in public also, unless your brothers a dentist. Congratulations on your integration battle, you just lost the war.

This airline will fail due to labor issues in a few years so don't go buying that captains house too soon. These guys just got pounded in the @ss
by this integration, particularly by losing their retirements to the West. I would be careful about gloating in public also, unless your brothers a dentist. Congratulations on your integration battle, you just lost the war.

you dickweeds are fxxked up - guess you should've picked something other than DOH to present to the arbitraitor...................

Take a swing and get your geriatric azz knocked out............remember - the arbitraitor made the decision, not the east, the west or the company - thank your hardline MC for their inflexibilty from DOH for the award.

You my friend are an idiot.........

Sorry Trainer, but MDA was not US Airways mainline. We can go back and forth on this for another 5 pages, but it wasn't. It was intended to be a wholly owned subsidiary and ended up being operated on the US certificate. There was no flow up opportunity except a RECALL to mainline and the PSA and Piedmont guys who ended up flying there had no means of progressing to mainline equipment if they were not FURLOUGHED.

Go from top to bottom of the West list and you'll find the majority would have rather this merger never happened in the first place. We're not over here dancing in our seats, but I'll be dam%ed if someone thinks I got a windfall because someone who didn't have a job when Parker got this bright idea doesn't get to go in front of me and further contribute to my career stagnation.

The history behind Colello being on the bottom of the list after 16 yrs are unfortunate to be sure, but those reasons are no fault of mine and payback is not deserving on my back.

Yup, we could go another 5 pages, but that wouldn't change the fact that DC was an active US Airways Pilot. You see, over here on the east, there is a lawsuit filed against AAA ALPA over that very issue. You reap what you sow.

I disagree with GN's assesment of Captain Collelo's position. But, he has the final word for now. The damage is done. You and I won't agree. That's ok. Thats the great thing about this country.

Interesting though, the AWA attempt to boot the former CEL off the seniority list list was ignored.

T8

If it is true that the East pilots presented doh to the arbitrator, then they need to get better lawyers. The Shuttle America pilots presented the same thing in the Chautauqua merger. It was a much smaller scale, but still shows that doh to arbitrator accomplishes nothing. History repeats itself again only on a much larger scale.

Hockeypilot, you can't tell the East pilots anything. They talk only to God and that's just because since they're older than him they think they're wiser.

AAA: "Always An A55hole"

I have no dog in this fight, but as an outsider looking in, DOH in and of it's self doesn't mean much in a seniority list integration, it's what your DOH brings to the table that matters and the expectations and assumptions that come with it.

Generally speaking, if you have 20 years of service and all your twenty years brings to the table is a reserve 737 f/o position, then there is no way you can justify being senior to a 10 year A320 captain based soley on your DOH.

I think people need to go back and examine what the goals are of ALPA's merger policy and examine how well the arbitrator did in meeting these goals.

1. The merger representatives shall carefully weigh all the equities inherent in their merger situation. In joint session, the merger representatives should attempt to match equities to various methods of integration until a fair and equitable agreement is reached, keeping in mind the following goals, in no particular order:

a. Preserve jobs.

b. Avoid windfalls to either group at the expense of the other.

c. Maintain or improve pre‑merger pay and standard of living.

d. Maintain or improve pre‑merger pilot status.

e. Minimize detrimental changes to career expectations.

Finally, you need to try to get this behind you or it will consume you and leave you a bitter and divided group and it is hard to imagine how that that will do anyone any good going forward..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back