• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awa Us A350?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I beg to differ, Steven Wolf and his kickbacks from the Government subsidized, IE cheaper airbus ended the boeing relationship.

Tomct said:
Well when that a-319,320 takes you into the trees, you will be thinking .......should have stayed with boeing!

Yeah and the 737 will go into a rudder hardover. How many folks have been killed by the "fine" rudder system on the 737?

Tomct said:
:confused: Was it not the airbus "CP" demonstrating the a320 to prospective buyers that day? And if it was, why would he not KNOW about or neglect to notice the "Alpha Floor" danger?

Alpha Floor isn't dangerous. It's quite a good thing actually. Fortunately I've yet to find out how great it works....yet. The chief pilot had all of about 100 hours in the airplane at the time and the f/o even less. Keep digging though you're doing a great job.

FR8mastr said:
I beg to differ, Steven Wolf and his kickbacks from the Government subsidized, IE cheaper airbus ended the boeing relationship.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The relationship ended before the Wolfman came to USAir.

B6Busdriver said:
Yeah and the 737 will go into a rudder hardover. How many folks have been killed by the "fine" rudder system on the 737?

:rolleyes: if there in one that this discussion needed it was another ignorant comment.

It was several management type pilots, their wives and/ or friends , members of the press along with others. And you should know , or will with experience, that flying a desk for most of the year doesn't make you very sharp. Definitely the other way around.
Tomct said:
:confused: Was it not the airbus "CP" demonstrating the a320 to prospective buyers that day? And if it was, why would he not KNOW about or neglect to notice the "Alpha Floor" danger?

I have actually lost both ra's. before. The aircraft will go into direct law ( something they say will never happen when you're in school) but the autothrust is not affected. However, turning off the flight directors has to happen, or the aircraft will go after the last altitude set in the fcu, and will command toga thrust.
erjdude said:
from what I remember of the NW incident the AC had lost both RA's. The AC did not "know" it was below 100' on each landining and went to toga in the flair. As stated above they simply turned off the autothrust and landed normaly.

You're both partially correct. 427 did put a tremendous strain on the relationship with Boeing, as blame was thrown around. However, the huge Airbus order simply came down to dollars, and U would have gone with Boeing had the price been right. Each Airbus we received was millions below market price. That's partly why Airbus had no problem when we couldn't take delivery on most of the airplanes. They were more than happy to cancel the order and sell them for a better price elsewhere.
TheDonger said:
You have no idea what you're talking about. The relationship ended before the Wolfman came to USAir.

Latest resources

Back