• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awa Us A350?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope that AWA buys the 787 and gets out of those crappy Scarebuses! Go with BOEING....Screw the french!

I have flown the B-727,737,757,767, Airbus A-319,320, and 321. My father spent 26 years with Boeing. The Airbus is an AWESOME airplane. Now, what experience do you speak from?
Tomct said:
I hope that AWA buys the 787 and gets out of those crappy Scarebuses! Go with BOEING....Screw the french!

321 busdriver said:
I have flown the B-727,737,757,767, Airbus A-319,320, and 321. My father spent 26 years with Boeing. The Airbus is an AWESOME airplane. Now, what experience do you speak from?

You hit the nail on the head. Anybody that has flown an Airbus would not make that statement.

The original post was about the A350. The article is self explanatory (spelling?). Airbus will provide $250 million of the cash needed. In return the new company will buy 20 A350's

Taking nothing away from the Airbus as an airplane, is there any reason at all why the hypothedical merged airline should want to own an ultra long range airplane like the A350, other than the maker will essentially give them away for free?

U has been looking at serving Hawaii for some 10 years now. To do it from the east coast would require something along the lines of the 350. In addition, the 10 remaining 76's are getting pretty tired and can only serve a limited amount of the European flying that we do due to range . And lastly, having a common type for traing, maintenance, parts, etc. has been proven as a huge cost saver. And you can be sure that they are not going to give them away. However , an investment of up to 400 million will definitely help to create a business partnership that could last for some time.
JimNtexas said:
Taking nothing away from the Airbus as an airplane, is there any reason at all why the hypothedical merged airline should want to own an ultra long range airplane like the A350, other than the maker will essentially give them away for free?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back