AWA pilots...j/s to YVR?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
m80drvr said:
Stop spreading UNTRUE statements. YOU ARE WRONG. NO ONE CAN JUMPSEAT ON AWA INTERNATIONALLY.

Call Duke or Ernie directly then please come back here and correct yourself.

Again Why the F@#K would I make this up.

Why all the hostility?? I just type what I read from the FOM!! Now if they have something OTHER THAN the FOM then we can expect a revision any time now. What does YOUR FOM say??? BTW I don't need to call Duke Erne or Dan the FOM is controlling now again do we have a NEW revision to the FOM that I am unware of????

WD.

Wiskey Driver said:
Why all the hostility?? I just type what I read from the FOM!! Now if they have something OTHER THAN the FOM then we can expect a revision any time now. What does YOUR FOM say??? BTW I don't need to call Duke Erne or Dan the FOM is controlling now again do we have a NEW revision to the FOM that I am unware of????

WD.

No hostility, you insinuated that I was either lying, ill informed or stupid, by you last post. I am none of the three, I'm just trying to tell you what our company policy is. And Yes the FOM is controlling UNLESS the company comes out with a policy that is more restrictive, then that becomes the new policy wether it is in the FOM or not.

I'm surprised you are so resistant to calling the cp's office to get the straight poop. Really call them, you think I don't know what I'm talking about please prove me wrong for the benefit of the people who will try to jumpseat on us only to find out they CANNOT.

Or better yet, go ahead try to get to CABO or YVR on the jumpseat, then when you are denied just pull out the FOM. I'm sure the agent will be so impressed that she will let you right on , probably with a first class upgrade for FREE.

Ps. nope it's not in the fom and you are probably up to date. It's company policy dictated by the TSA. Don't know why the FOM is not correct, not my job, I'm just trying to answer a queston from another pilot with the most CURRENT AND ACCURATE INFORMATION. When he gets denied for the seat who's FOM is he going to show to the gate agent anyway.

m80drvr said:
No hostility, you insinuated that I was either lying, ill informed or stupid, by you last post. I am none of the three, I'm just trying to tell you what our company policy is. You took that all wrong!! And Yes the FOM is controlling UNLESS the company comes out with a policy that is more restrictive, then that becomes the new policy wether it is in the FOM or not. Ok so they come out with a policy that no one knows about and expect all to follow it, How?? All policy and it respective changes must be placed in your FOM if it concerns flight operations.

I'm surprised you are so resistant to calling the cp's office to get the straight poop. Really call them, you think I don't know what I'm talking about please prove me wrong for the benefit of the people who will try to jumpseat on us only to find out they CANNOT. I am not disputing the fact that that's what they told you, my dispute comes into play when you are told of a policy and there is no mention of said policy in our flight bibles!!!

Or better yet, go ahead try to get to CABO or YVR on the jumpseat, then when you are denied just pull out the FOM. I'm sure the agent will be so impressed that she will let you right on , probably with a first class upgrade for FREE. No she won't because she or he will be doing their job. This is where you union comes into play. Now if the company wants to set policy then it must be in our FOM. Rest assured since you have made such a big deal about this that I will be checking with both company and grievance committee in the morning. Thank you.

Ps. nope it's not in the fom and you are probably up to date. It's company policy dictated by the TSA. Don't know why the FOM is not correct, not my job, I'm just trying to answer a queston from another pilot with the most CURRENT AND ACCURATE INFORMATION. When he gets denied for the seat who's FOM is he going to show to the gate agent anyway.

I don't know why it's not there either but trust me I will find out!! If there is a policy then the company is going to follow the rules. This is just another example of how there are far too many people in the same game all marching to a different tune. Stay tuned it will be handled.

FYI, we're on the same team so lets work together not against one another.

WD.

I agree Wd we should work together.

That being said I don't think I make a big deal about this. I had more up to date information than you because I called the cp's office two weeks ago. I was trying to answer a question posed by a member here.

You insinuated I was wrong , or misinformed, or lying on purpose or not. I'm just trying to get the correct word out. My perception of your reply was wrong I guess.

I will be interested to hear the cp's explanation as to why the FOM is wrong on this subject. Let me know.

Cheers

What did you find out WD?

m80drvr said:
What did you find out WD?

Check you pvt message.

WD.

Just Jumpseated not too long ago out of Puerto Vallarta on us (AWA/US), and had no problem. I was required to have a cabin seat, though. Employees might as well non-rev, as the J/S is last on the priority list, but off-line can jumpseat too. If you're offline, you just have to check in at the ticket counter to pay your taxes. Once you get to the gate, the rest of the process is as if you were in the States (except for being able to sit up in the cockpit).

.. that's how it's supposed to work, anyway.

FOM doesn't say anything about not being able to do this.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back