• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA pilots...j/s to YVR?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would double-triple check your jumpseat agreement prior to planning an international J/S with AWA. I asked a couple of AWA crews and gate agents in ATL 2 years ago if it was OK to J/S to Cabo, everyone said "no problem". Took CAL to SJD, they were great by the way, and when I tried to go home on an AWA 757 with lots of seats available, the CA said "No can do, not allowed to take international Jumpseaters". I can't fault the guy if that was the rule, but I sure would've liked to know that before hand.

The story I got later was they have international agreements with some but not others.

FWIW

Last edited:
Directly out of our manual "individuals wishing to jumpseat for personal travel on an international flight will be required to occupy a cabin seat"

The only airline on the list I have that has any international restrictions is American and that even allows Mexico and Canada - I think the only reason its on there is because that’s Americans restriction for AWA jumpseaters going intl

OnTheDole said:
Directly out of our manual "individuals wishing to jumpseat for personal travel on an international flight will be required to occupy a cabin seat"

The only airline on the list I have that has any international restrictions is American and that even allows Mexico and Canada - I think the only reason its on there is because that’s Americans restriction for AWA jumpseaters going intl

YUP!!!!

WD.

You CANNOT jumpseat internationally on AWA. OUR OWN pilots cannot even jumpseat internationally, even if you sit in the back of the plane. I just went to cabo and before I left I verified with the chief pilot. No exceptions nada, does not matter where you sit, front, back or wing. Something to do with the TSA watch list. His explanation was weak especially in light of the fact that East pilots can jump internationally on their birds. The only pilots that can fill out a jumpseat form and ride internationally are the pilots who live outside the country. The company builds them into the outbound pairing as a crewmember.

Call the chief pilots office if you want to verify but unless the policy changes since JULY 10th, you cannot do it, front or back.

Last edited:
m80drvr said:
You CANNOT jumpseat internationally on AWA. OUR OWN pilots cannot even jumpseat internationally, even if you sit in the back of the plane. I just went to cabo and before I left I verified with the chief pilot. No exceptions nada, does not matter where you sit, front back of wing. Something to do with the TSA watch list. His explanation was weak especially in light of the fact that East pilots can jump internationally on their birds.

Call the chief pilots office if you want to verify but unless the policy changes since JULY 10th, you cannot do it, front or back.

Who did you talk to?? Wonder if they bothered to read the FOM section on Jumpseating!!

Ok for those who are sitting in the cheap seats:>) FOM JS-1: Due to TSA security requirements, flight deck jumpseat travel to/from INT'l destination s for personal travel is not currently authorized. Individuals wishing to jumpseat for personal travel on INT'l flights Will be required to occupy a cabin seat!!

So you see, you can jumpseat on AWA aircraft int'l just not in the cockpit.

WD.

m80drvr said:
You CANNOT jumpseat internationally on AWA. OUR OWN pilots cannot even jumpseat internationally, even if you sit in the back of the plane. I just went to cabo and before I left I verified with the chief pilot. No exceptions nada, does not matter where you sit, front, back or wing. Something to do with the TSA watch list. His explanation was weak especially in light of the fact that East pilots can jump internationally on their birds. The only pilots that can fill out a jumpseat form and ride internationally are the pilots who live outside the country. The company builds them into the outbound pairing as a crewmember.

I'm no FOM pro so I might be off base, but if above is the rule why does it specifically state "mesa airlines and air midwest pilots on international flights" for the section jumpseat authorized - passenger seat only on js-8

I don't doubt that no international js may infact be the rule - I just can't find where our FOM forbids it.

You are right wiskey driver, Ernie and Duke were both pulling my leg, boy they really pulled on over on me convincing me that I couldn't jumpseat internationally. Go ahead and try it.

Like I said If you don't believe it just call the cp's office. My contention was that the FOM does not forbid it either BUT it is the policy of AWA that there will be NO international jumpseat for anyone, employee or not no matter where you sit in the A/C.

Why the F@#k would I make that up. Damn

Wiskey Driver said:
Who did you talk to?? Wonder if they bothered to read the FOM section on Jumpseating!!

Ok for those who are sitting in the cheap seats:>) FOM JS-1: Due to TSA security requirements, flight deck jumpseat travel to/from INT'l destination s for personal travel is not currently authorized. Individuals wishing to jumpseat for personal travel on INT'l flights Will be required to occupy a cabin seat!!

So you see, you can jumpseat on AWA aircraft int'l just not in the cockpit.

WD.

Stop spreading UNTRUE statements. YOU ARE WRONG. NO ONE CAN JUMPSEAT ON AWA INTERNATIONALLY.

Call Duke or Ernie directly then please come back here and correct yourself.

Again Why the F@#K would I make this up.

Latest resources

Back